Senior Director, Compliance and Ethics
Company: Micron Technology
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Micron's vision is to transform how the world uses information
to enrich life for all.----- Join an inclusive team focused on one
thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation
for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make
everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in
neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to
integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities.
Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.--
Req. ID: 236366-- As Micron's Senior Director of Compliance and
Ethics you will partner with a cross-function group of key partners
and supervise an international team of compliance professionals in
driving a culture of ethics and integrity at Micron and throughout
its global supply chain. You will be responsible for crafting and
administering policies and processes, leading responses, including
investigations, and driving continuous improvement to help ensure
that the day-to-day activities of Micron's global manufacturing,
technology and product development, and sales organizations are
carried out in compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
consistent with Micron's Code of Conduct, and executed to the
highest ethical standards. Responsibilities
- Engage with internal partners in the development and
improvement of compliance and ethics strategy.
- Sustain strong collaboration with risk management peers to
build ethics and compliance awareness and responses.
- Drive the development of global ethics and compliance training,
including creating new courses with external training vendors,
managing the deployment of new courses, and overseeing the tracking
of course completions.
- Manage continuous development of code of conduct content and
- Be responsible for the enhancement, development,
implementation, and execution of ethics and compliance programs and
- Embrace new technology, including nascent A/I and
machine-learning systems and scalable processes, to drive
compliance and ethics throughout a global organization with 38,000
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of ethics and compliance
policies, systems, and personnel and ensure continuous
- Identify emerging and developing compliance risks and work
proactively across internal organizations to prioritize and address
- Manage an international team of compliance and ethics
professionals in promoting a culture of ethics and integrity within
Micron and throughout its global supply chain.
- Drive compliance objectives within the company based on
internal metrics and data, evolving legal and regulatory
requirements, peer review, and external benchmarking.
- Manage processes and systems for data collection, analysis, and
- Assure that processes are in place to receive, investigate, and
resolve reports of actual and potential non-compliance, including
those reported through the compliance hotline.
- Provide leadership and direction in a manner that cultivates
respect and influences behavior at all levels of the
- Develop and coordinate corporate compliance communications,
including communications and presentations to the SVP of Legal and
Chief Compliance Counsel, other senior executives, and the Audit
Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the point of contact and coordinator for regulatory
agency audits, investigations, and other inquiries. Qualifications
- Experience as a legal and regulatory compliance professional
with a minimum of six years of experience.
- Deep and broad compliance subject matter expertise, well-versed
in compliance program management and standard methodologies, and
with strong project execution skills.
- Has previous success integrating compliance into company
- Demonstrated business and legal judgment in supporting a
company's mission, vision, and values.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to help others
understand sophisticated issues.
- Experience fostering a culture of compliance through regular
in-person training and communications.
- Experience being responsible for an internal hotline reporting
system and leading the process for anonymous reporting, directing
investigations of reported matters, and leading continuous
improvement of reporting and investigation procedures.
- Experience investigating and reporting on sensitive and
- Demonstrative success in building relationships with key
cross-functional partners in a manner that develops trust and
- Experience developing and updating a company's code of conduct
and global compliance policies.
- Experience leading third-party due diligence processes.
- Experience interacting at senior level with senior managers and
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills, including
experience leading cross-functional teams on long-term
- Ability to resolve issues effectively, diplomatically and
- Outstanding knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements
of U.S. public companies with global operations.
- Experience partnering with training developers and producing
- JD from an ABA accredited law school with high academic
achievement and bar admission and current membership in good
standing within the United States is required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as
- Experience working in an in-house legal environment, preferably
for a technology company, is required.
- Prior legal experience in a law firm with an international
client base is preferred. About Micron Technology, Inc. We are an
industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through
our global brands - Micron-- and Crucial-- - our broad portfolio of
high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM,
NAND, 3D XPoint--- memory and NOR, is transforming how the world
uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of
technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable
disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine
learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like
mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics,
automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the
Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit--micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all
applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and
industry labor standards. Micron does not charge candidates any
recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from
candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron. For
US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process
and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron's Human
Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by
completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Boise -- Idaho (US-ID) -- United States (US) -- SGA --
Experienced -- Regular -- Legal -- #LI-LG1 ----Tier 5------ Upload
your resume and immediately see jobs for you!
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Compliance, Manager, Law, Program Manager, Risk
Management, Legal, Management, Finance
Keywords: Micron Technology, Boise , Senior Director, Compliance and Ethics, Accounting, Auditing , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!