Associate Financial Advisor
Company: Aspen Capital Management
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Aspen Capital Management is a fee-only, independent advisory
firm located in Boise, Idaho. ACM seeks to help our clients live
out their life visions in a fulfilling and sustainable way. As a
fiduciary, we are legally obligated to provide investment portfolio
management and financial planning in their best interest without
selling any products or receiving commissions.
ACM has been growing rapidly since inception in 2002, and in 2020
Financial Advisor Magazine ranked us one of the fastest growing
RIAs in the nation with assets over $500M. In 2017 RIA Channel
ranked us as one of the top 100 emerging wealth managers in the
nation. As one of the largest and fastest growing RIAs in Idaho we
are looking to add an Associate Financial Advisor to our team. If
you are a high energy person who enjoys serving clients, we'd love
to hear from you!
Our office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown lunch
and cultural scene. We have a small, upbeat, and nimble team who
enjoys working together and taking advantage of the quality-of-life
Boise has to offer. We thrive in our fast-paced, dynamic
environment and need team members who enjoy broad responsibilities.
We support and invest in team members' development and professional
This role is based in Boise, ID. and can not be done remotely.
- Assist and support the firm's lead financial advisors with
existing and prospective clients.
- Build the first draft of financial plans for new clients in
- Will need to mature into a position of running the financial
planning discussion with new and existing clients and updating
plans at the client's request as their situation changes.
- Prepare information for lead advisors prior to client reviews.
Update financial plan, run portfolio reports, and develop meeting
agenda and topics for discussion. Responsible for post client
review action items and communication with the client.
- Collaborate with lead advisor in analysis of prospective client
portfolios and develop client-ready presentation of findings.
- Build deep domain knowledge in tax efficient financial planning
and portfolio management.
- Assist lead advisors on projects and coordinate with other team
members to make sure action items are completed.
- Provide analysis for advanced financial topics such as stock
options, deferred compensation, restricted stock units, and tax
loss harvesting. Review client's financial life for opportunities
to reduce taxes. Will need to mature into a position of discussing
these topics directly with clients without lead advisor
- Educate and navigate clients through the annual process of year
end IRA conversions, Required Minimum Distributions, and Qualified
- Once you understand our systems, accurately trade client
portfolios for rebalancing or cash management needs.
- Work with other team members to evaluate new technology
- Develop deep expertise in our technology stack (currently
MoneyGuide Pro, Orion, Redtail, and TD Ameritrade Veo One).
- As skills are developed over time, our desire is for this
position to mature to a lead advisor taking the primary
responsibility for client relationships.
- Desire to build business development skills over time to
attract new clients to the firm.Requirements:
- Minimum two years of experience in financial planning or a
related industry - if you think you're an exceptional candidate who
doesn't meet this requirement, please apply and explain why your
work history and skills can be leveraged into this specific job
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Positive energy and professional, upbeat attitude.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
environment - can pivot quickly and is comfortable with a broad set
- The ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) complex
financial topics in a simple, digestible manner.
- Excellent customer service with strong written and verbal
- Good time management skills in order to handle multiple client
requests and contending priorities from other team members.
- A desire to cultivate business development skills and expand
the firm's client base.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the following software is a plus: TD Ameritrade
Veo One, MoneyGuide Pro, Orion, Redtail.
- Series 65 license
- Will be expected to achieve the CFP designation.
- Bachelor's degree
Job Type: Full-time, salaried position. Compensation depends on
experience. Paid time off, healthcare, generous firm 401k
AFTER applying on LinkedIn, Please send your resume along with a
cover letter explaining your applicable skills and why you are
interested in the position to with the subject line: "ACM Associate
Keywords: Aspen Capital Management, Boise , Associate Financial Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!