Company: Standlee Premium Western Forage
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Service and maintain equipment as required as well as repair and
diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components at
the direction of Shop manager.
Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services following
the guidelines set forth in the shop's Standard Operating
Procedures, under direction of the shop manager.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Identify warrantable repairs
- Perform service and repairs following guidelines set forth in
the shop's Standard Operating Procedures, under direction of shop
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include
replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
- Complete paperwork on time as required by job in a neat,
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Must have own tools.
Key Success Factors for Position
- Positive attitude towards work place and environment.
- Takes immediate reaction from directives given by
- Uses time productively.
- Plans tasks out, competes them with the least amount of waste
and shortest time possible.
- Approaches every project with a can do attitude.
- Communicates effectively and assertively (both direct and
- Communicates clearly (both written and verbal), to all levels
of the organization.
- Motivates others on the team.
- OEM Training or certifications are a major plus.
Experiences / Education Requirements
- Be able to read/comprehend service information
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with
- Interact effectively, courteously, and professionally with
customers and other employees regarding vehicle repairs and other
- MUST meet qualifications set forth in FMCSA 396.25 for
certified brake inspector, must be able and qualified to perform
repairs and services to the air brake system on a
- MUST meet qualifications set forth in FMCSA 396.19 for Annual
Inspector. Must have at least one year experience in performing
- MUST have experience in spring and suspension repairs, lighting
and electrical, air systems, clutch brakes.
- MUST be able to weld.
- Must maintain a high level of quality and have a positive
attitude toward work place and fellow employees
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Work in situations where human error could result in serious
financial loss or human injury
- Must be able to work outdoors, or in a shop environment,
standing on concrete for 8 or more hours as required.
- At times might be required to work on things other trucks,
including but not limited to plant equipment, cleaning, lawn mowers
or other non-truck equipment.
- Might be required to work long shifts when required.
- Might be required to work 6 days a week.
This position might require some travel to repair vehicles or other
equipment broke down away from the shop, or to
Keywords: Standlee Premium Western Forage, Boise , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Eden, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!