Senior Project Engineer
Company: JE Dunn
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Best People + Right Culture . These are the driving forces
behind JE Dunn's success. By hiring inspired people , giving them
interesting and challenging work , enabling them with innovative
tools , and letting them share in the company's rewards , we've
found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+
years. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Role Summary The Senior Project Engineer will manage a small
project or a component of a large or more complex project with
oversight. This position will fully apply JE Dunn processes and
tools to manage aspects of project management, administration and
field execution for projects. All activities will be performed in
support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.--
- Autonomy and Decision Making: Makes decisions on assigned area
on responsibility, provides recommendations to supervisor and
refers all exceptions to supervisor, as needed. Key Role
Responsibilities - Core PROJECT ENGINEER FAMILY - CORE
- Performs assigned aspects of the company's safety and quality
plans and culture by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free
environment through individual actions and mentoring others.
- Coordinates with project QA/QC planning to ensure quality for
- Participates in the estimating and change management process
and tools, including quantity take-off and review of subcontractor
- --Makes decisions on the selection of subcontractors and
- Coordinates approved purchase orders for timing and delivery to
support project completion material purchases, project changes, and
repairs where appropriate to support project completion.
- Works on site with the project team to carry out a variety of
tasks such as monitoring crew size, self-perform hours, materials,
quantity and equipment.--
- Participates in activities such as punch lists, city
inspections, safety reviews, quality reviews and prepares the
- Posts drawings and specifications with most recent
- Organizes and participates in various project meetings.
Prepares and disseminates required documentation as
- Coordinate and inspects work and prepares a variety of reports
including project daily reports, weekly progress reports, unit
reporting, percentage complete, daily manpower, production
schedules, equipment tracking, etc. in order to support the
project. Talking to subs, documenting, did the painter get his work
completed add self-perform comment
- Performs job site observations with project leadership.
- Creates procurement logs based on the project schedule and
specification requirements. Tracks shop drawings and follows up
with deliveries as directed by the project team.
- Provides progress updates and reports back to the project team
to support the scheduling process.
- May provide oversight to assigned to close out aspects of the
- Oversees, including but not limited to the punch list,
operations and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, etc.
- Abides by company best practice standards and fundamentals for
building and construction techniques
- Builds relationships and develops communication and
interpersonal skills with tradespeople and project team members
such as foreman, journeymen, superintendents, subcontractors,
- Demonstrates an understanding of the various functions and
support roles across the company and how each contributes to the
success of a project.--
- Collaborates and demonstrates teamwork in project setting.
- Implements Lean practices into regular activities.
- Implements best practices for identifying, developing and
integrating self-perform opportunities into the project.
- Reporting, plan their own schedules, within the parameters of
work scope. Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core SENIOR
PROJECT ENGINEER In addition, this position will be responsible for
- Leads the preparation of estimates for the base project,
self-perform work and change requests. Establishes scopes of work
and identifies subcontractors.
- Supports and/or completes job set-up and project administration
in CMiC and other company technologies.
- Leads the submittal process to ensure alignment with the
- Prepares and manages the project schedule, outlining the work
plan and sequence for assigned portion of the project.--
- Analyzes and reports production statistics for key project
- Manages project risks such as subcontractor performance,
financials and resource allocation.
- Coordinates a variety of meetings such as pre-planning and
post-construction meetings, monthly project reviews, progress and
Owner Architect Contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Reviews and approves monthly subcontractor and vendor pay
- Demonstrates a general understanding of terms and conditions of
owner contracts and subcontracts.
- Initiates conversations about potential issues to create a
collaborative environment for solving problems.
- Leads the project close out process, including creation and
management of punch lists, tracking and controlling quality and
costs for assigned scopes of work and scheduling inspections.
- Provides training and mentorship to others. Knowledge, Skills &
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communications skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of project processes and how each supports the
successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software
- Proficiency in required construction technology
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity.
- Ability to assess and optimize project productivity.
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work.
- Ability to maximize profitability.
- Team leadership qualities.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally. Education
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered. Experience
- 3+ years construction experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- May require periods of travel and/or relocation
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
- Assignment location may include project sites and/or in the
- Frequent activity: Standing, Walking, Climbing, Bending,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling
- Occasional activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen JE Dunn
Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
workplace. JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a
reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit
your request email@example.com JE Dunn Construction
Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or
agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn
Construction without a prior written search agreement will be
considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction
Company. Please, no phone calls or emails. Why People Work Here At
JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their
life and the lives of those around them Building on our rich
history, our employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In
our team-focused environment we do life together and are generously
rewarded for our efforts About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction
is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in
construction management services, design-build, and integrated
project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our
clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building
- 90+ Years of Construction Experience
- 22 office locations coast-to-coast
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn JE Dunn participates in
the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Keywords: JE Dunn, Boise , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!