Back-End Engineer [Remote]
Location: Garden City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for
taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance that celebrates
people's mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a
key challenge - it couldn't identify and acknowledge the positive
decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply
smart mobile technologies, we can. And that's what we do. We help
our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly,
they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more
mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We're a well-funded, talent dense team of people who care about
using our skills to do good. From data science, to design,
engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and
beyond - we believe in people who believe they can make the world
even better. Join us, and let's build the higher path that is
We're seeking someone to build and enhance the critical backend
services that power our business. You'll be developing systems that
dynamically provide rewards to safe drivers, coordinating
cutting-edge models to increase the intelligence of our
industry-leading policy management solution, and optimizing our
application's architecture and observability to meet the
performance demands of a rapidly growing user base.
Your work will include designing APIs, orchestrating data flows,
creating/managing databases, and building automated test suites.
You should be a strong communicator, an effective collaborator, and
have a bias towards action.
* Professional experience with Go
* Experience building high performance client/server systems.
* Have a good grasp of service-oriented architecture patterns.
* Prior experience designing and using relational databases.
* Familiarity with some of the other technologies we use including
* Experience in a financial sector such as insurance, banking, or
* Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions,
factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer
* Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness
reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12
weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
* Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be
actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM -
3:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating
with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area
* Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens.
* Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to
the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and
other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
This role is employed by BlueOwl, LLC. BlueOwl, LLC is a separate
company in the State Farm family of companies and is the solutions
provider for the HiRoad Assurance Company.
Keywords: HiRoad, Boise , Back-End Engineer [Remote], Engineering , Garden City, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!