Global Data Engineer/Business Analyst
Company: Randstad US
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Group ObjectiveThe mission of the business intelligence team is
to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding
quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and
leading indicators to easily identify trends aimed at data-based
decision-making.Position ObjectiveThis position is responsible for
working with internal, external, and BI teams to support end-to-end
data, reporting, and visualization needs. Review of client
reporting requirements, validating needs, digging in, and
determining reporting and data needs to provide the best solutions
for the client.Use strong independent judgment to identify VMS/ATS
and other external system reporting capabilities and correlate that
to business requirements to identify, develop, and extra data from
multiple systems. Apply skills, experience, and creativity
necessary to exploit the data assets resident in various source
systems. Utilize various data tools and techniques to build and
automate data and visualization solutions.This person will be
instrumental in supporting each stage of the BI process, from data
investigation, extraction, and wrangling to delivery via dashboards
and reports. The person will be building automated processes to
support large-scale data analysis. This is a hands-on technical
position requiring analytical and problem-solving skills and we are
looking for a technically sharp candidate who can independently
code, build and test.Position Summary
- Experience with end-to-end agile BI solutions, including
ETL/ELT, data scrubbing, wrangling, loading, and reporting.
- Extensive hands-on experience with analyzing and designing data
models to support analytics applications and data
- Design and develop ELT/ETL processes to support current and
evolving data requirements. Strong data profiling skills to analyze
source system data for ETL/ELT development. Perform data
conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between
- Integrate data from diverse data sources. Experience working
with large data sets in a variety of formats such as flat files,
databases, XML files, and/or unstructured data. Data integration
experience or exposure to calling APIs for data transfer or
processing using API preferred.
- Good understanding of data related technologies such as Data
Modeling, ETL, ELT, Data mining, data wrangling, data integration,
data exploration, etc .
- Conducting data analysis to determine structure, content, and
quality of data. Performing data quality audits to ensure data
consistency and cleanliness.
- Support business stakeholders in analyzing and resolving any
data issues as required.
- Good at piecing together data puzzles, asking questions, and
working with colleagues and clients to get answers.
- Build dashboards, reports, and visualization using DOMO.
Experience in data retrieval, data manipulation, data analysis, and
presentation using data visualizations. Advanced report-building
skills, including complex calculated fields
- Scripting coding skills preferred.
- Liaise with BI team, internal account teams, external clients,
and implementation team members.Education
- Bachelors degree in Data Science/Data Management/Business
Analysis highly preferred. Masters degree a plusExperience
- 5-7 years of business experience
- Experience working in one or more of the following: Business
Intelligence/Data Science/Data Analytics/ETL Development/Dashboard
Development/Reports development/Data Engineering/Data
ArchitectureKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills required for
various levels throughout external and internal organizations
- 5+ years SQL development experience required.
- 5+ years of data engineering/data warehouse or ETL development
- 3+ years of BI development/reporting experience required.
- 3+ years of data visualization/KPI/dashboard experience with
Tableau/DOMO/Power BI or other tools required.
- Data Architecture experience preferred.
- Python/R data programming skills preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS - Excel with knowledge of
macros and pivot tables.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, and tasks,
and meet deadlines while maintaining quality
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information and ideas
- Strong drive and commitment to delivering outstanding
resultsWhats in it for you:
- Largest global staffing leader
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Excellent benefits package - medical, dental, vision
- Generous PTO policy earned from day one
- Education and professional development
- Rapid career growth
- Retirement savings and security
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- Short and long term disability
- Employee assistance program and health advocacy
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account
- Metlife auto and home insurance
- Metlife legal plan
- Referral reward program
- Exclusive discounts and programs with dozens of nationwide
vendors and retailersFor certain positions, Covid-19 vaccination
and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable
state/local mandates, subject to approved medical or religious
accommodations. Ask your Randstad representative for more
information.At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking
diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and
diversity awards (https://www.randstadusa.com/about/diversity/) .
Ranked as a 2021 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a 2021 Top 10 Global
Champion for Supplier Diversity & Inclusion, a Military Friendly
company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, 2021 Staffing
Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to
name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at
the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive
opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible
schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic
selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and
demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning
team!Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic
Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other
legally protected group status.At Randstad, we welcome people of
all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview
process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a
reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview
experience a great one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Randstad US, Boise , Global Data Engineer/Business Analyst, Engineering , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!