Company: Standlee Premium Western Forage
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of
machinery and mechanical equipment. This position profile
identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for
performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an
employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to
follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related
duties as may be required by his/her supervisor.Key Performance
Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines;
following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists,
cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by
inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and
other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by
checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed
equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders;
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed.Key Success Factors for Position
- Takes direction from and immediately responds to business
requests from General Manager of Ag Operations, President, or other
- Seeks continuous improvements for Standlee equipment and
machinery. Supports positive changes in equipment for improving
overall efficiency and quality of Standlee product.
- Fosters open and effective communication. Creates an atmosphere
in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between
self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and
- Communicates effectively (verbal, written, presentation) to all
levels of the organization.
- GED and or High School and or one year of job related
- Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal,
Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to
Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge,
ProductivityDISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICSPlant Maintenance
Technician I - This is the entry level class in the Plant
Maintenance Technician series. This class is distinguished from the
Plant Maintenance Technician II by the performance of the more
routine tasks and duties assigned to positions within the series
including performing routine preventative maintenance on plant
equipment. Since this class is typically used as a training class,
employees may have only limited or no directly related work
experience. Advancement to the II level is based on demonstrated
proficiency in performing the assigned functions and is at the
discretion of higher level supervisory or management staff.Plant
Maintenance Technician II - This is the full journey level class
within the Plant Maintenance Technician series. Employees within
this class are distinguished form the Plant Maintenance Technician
I by the performance of the full range of duties as assigned
including performing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance,
electrical repair and installation activities independently.
Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or
assistance as new or unusual situations arise, and are fully aware
of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit.
Positions in this class series are flexibly staffed and positions
at the Plant Maintenance Technician II level are normally filled by
advancement form the Plant Maintenance Technician I level.Working
ConditionsUsually work a regular 40-hour week, but some Overtime
may be required. Work in workshops, factories and office buildings.
May work in noisy and dirty conditions, work with machinery that
can be dangerous and needs to be handled with care.Travel
RequirementsMay travel to local Standlee locations (by
Keywords: Standlee Premium Western Forage, Boise , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Eden, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!