Project Manager (P)
Company: TDX Power Services, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2020
TDX Power Services, LLC (TPS) is recruiting for the position of
Project Manager. This is a regular, full-time position and is
located in Boise, ID. This position reports to the Senior Project
Manager. Applicants for this position should be well versed in
heavy civil construction with "in-water" work experience, trench
work, and managing heavy equipment materials transfer.
The Project Manager directs, coordinates, and exercises functional
authority within areas of assigned responsibility for planning,
organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned
projects between all Subcontractor or self-performed disciplines
and all other project participants under the terms of Contract
Award. This position is responsible for material acquisitions, plan
and specification review, RFI s, coordination meetings,
subcontractor interface, scheduling, resource tracking, estimating,
and other construction related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Champion safety and ensure compliance with all safety
* Responsible for the overall management and coordination of
Contract Awards. Must be able to fill in for Project Superintendent
* Serve as the Government s central point of contract for the
* Meet or otherwise communicate with each customer on a regular
basis to ensure that customer expectations are being met or
exceeded. Communicate early, communicate often.
* Ensure a thorough understanding and knowledge of contract plans
* Ensure all customer requirements are met with consistency
resulting in customer satisfaction.
* Establish on each project expectations for quality workmanship,
safety and professionalism.
* Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating
the technical and management aspects of projects.
* Development of Submittal Register and individual submittals.
* Preparation and ongoing management of Project Baseline Schedules
including monthly updates and contemporaneous analysis of fragnet
at all project changes.
* Preparation of and utilizes three-week look-ahead schedules.
* When applicable, ensure compliance with LEED principles and
ability to achieve LEED certifications.
* Recommend value engineering and other contract modifications,
adjustments, to increase overall quality, efficiency and value.
* Budget monitoring and trend tracking to controls expenditures
within limitations of project budget.
* Monitor work performed; analyze performance and establish
corrective actions and controls.
* Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays, plans and
implements alternative actions.
* Conducts weekly Subcontractor meetings to review project status
and assist in managing project quality, safety, scope, timeline,
* Every project is to be completed in accordance with the project
plans and specifications, on schedule and under budget with no lost
* Respond to off-duty recalls to meet priority or emergency work
* Advise Sr. Project Manager of project status on a regular
* Prepares daily reports, weekly progress, monthly status and final
* Prepare, review and gain approval of monthly invoices to
* Review and ensure Subcontractor / Vender invoice accuracy, the
bond and insurance are current and coordinate with TDX Accounting
* Participate in Home Office and field meetings with project team
* Provide leadership to ensure that work is performed in accordance
with contract plans and specifications.
* Ensure QC reports, testing requirements are followed and document
* Provide management and leadership of subcontractors.
* Examine subcontractor means and methods, material delivery
schedules and identify constraints.
* Review and ensure change order requests from vendors and
subcontractors, fully establish entitlement, conform to all
* Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
* B.S. degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction
Management, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 10 years project management experience including
organization, management, administration, as well as managing
complex logistics operations supporting multiple Govt Agency, DoD,
DoJ or commercial customers.
* 5-10 years site superintendent experience.
* Must have construction leadership/project management experience,
and demonstrate the ability to manage, organize, and direct the
elements of a multi-functional activity including planning,
procedure development and resource management.
* Logistics expertise supporting supply, maintenance, and
transportation operations at the installation and unit level.
* Experience/understanding of the DoD financial management and
general accounting requirements as they relate to execution of
* Broad knowledge in construction methods, practices, schedules,
logistics and budgets.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Projects and
* Must have LEED experience (certification a plus)
* A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good
* Ability to work extended work schedules as required supporting
the project execution plans and schedules.
* Will be required to pass facility security clearance
investigation on DoD Projects.
* Will be required to pass Background Investigation on DoJ
* Prior experience as Quality Control Manager a plus.
* Prior experience as Site Safety Officer a plus. Current safety
credentials to include OSHA 30 or USACE EM 385-1-1 and First
* U.S. Government contracting experience a plus.
* Current QCM certification issued by Associated General
Contractors (AGC) preferred.
* Design Build experience a plus.
* Proficiency in P6 a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
* Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely
manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully to develop
* Communication and Interpersonal Skills- Write and verbalize
clearly, informatively and effectively, able to read and interpret
* Diversity - Respectful and sensitivity to cultural differences.
Promote a harassment-free environment. Build a diverse
* Ethics Work with integrity and ethically; upholding
* Strategic Thinking - Develop strategies to achieve organizational
goals. Analyze market and competition, identifying external threats
and opportunities and adapt strategy to changing conditions.
* Professionalism -Treat others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position, accepting responsibility
for own actions and follow through on commitments.
* Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meeting
challenges with resourcefulness. Generate suggestions for improving
work, develop innovative approaches and ideas. Present ideas and
information in a manner that gets others' attention.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by this employee.
TDX Corporation and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity
Employers, with programs for the recruitment, hiring and promotion
of qualified Alaska Natives. Submission of an application/resume
does not obligate the company to interview, offer employment or
hire an individual. Please see our Careers page for more
Keywords: TDX Power Services, LLC, Boise , Project Manager (P), Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!