OSP PROGRAM MANAGER
Posted on: May 17, 2020
OSP PROGRAM MANAGER
Reports to: Director - OSP
SUMMARY: Provide overall vision, team leadership, and management
addressing key dimensions including people management, project
management, technical excellence, trust, support, high productivity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: other
duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the close out process for cities we are
currently completing the fiber build out in.
- Construct plans from envisioned concept to engineered
- Manage project and vital personnel to meet and/or surpass
- Build relationships and act as liaison with owners and other
contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Oversee financial aspects of contracts and manage budgets.
- Adhere to OSHA and Company safety requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Outworked by no one
- Master relationship builder
- Self-manages and is calm under pressure
- Takes initiative to achieve win/win
- Confident enough to go toe-to-toe for viewpoint and remain open
to other points of view
- Listens intuitively and articulates direction concisely
- Adapts to change and manages through complex issues to
- Writes well and presents confidently
- Attends to details with accuracy and focus
- Expert scheduler
- Handles several projects concurrently
- Aligns with company values
- Can review and understand construction drawings and
- Knowledge of public safety, security issues and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand project concept and oversee creation of engineered
- Supervise multiple project managers simultaneously.
- Establish program's objectives, policies, procedures and
performance standards to meet contract specifications.
- Plan, control and meet schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor project. Oversee the organization and direction of all
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement
- Ensure reports are formulated on work progress, budget and
- Manage teams responsible for the distribution of contract
documents to subcontractors, including drawings, specifications,
and general conditions including any accepted alternates or
addendums with documents.
- Confer with project managers to address or resolve work
procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Represent Company and participate in strategy meetings.
- Relationship Management
- Supervise staff assignments. Hire telecommunication
professionals where needed.
- Counsel project managers, foreman and staff to achieve set
- Build and nurture client relationships through appropriate and
- Explain plans and contract terms to all project personnel and
- Facilitate project status meetings with client and company
- Financial Management
- Maintain and achieve gross margins.
- Work with Contract administrator to create and manage financial
aspects of contracts.
- Compile budgets, short and long term, to track expenditures and
- Negotiate with and engage in subcontractor solicitation.
- Preside over estimating teams' preparation of proposals and
- Safety Leadership
- Function with ZERO as an expectation not a goal.
- Adhere to OSHA and Company safety requirements
- Complete jobsite safety assessments.
- Hold team accountable to maintain high safety standards.
- Promote the safety and security of employees.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, like
sitting, standing, walking and driving.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or
controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to
- Must endure regular exposure to all weather conditions,
especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather,
combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally
- Must assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise
levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
- Must wear common protective of safety equipment, such as safety
glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats and life jackets
when working on-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in Program Management of Fiber Build-Outs of
- Master of meeting program management schedules
- College degree and PMP certifications preferred
KGPCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity"
Keywords: KGPCo, Boise , OSP PROGRAM MANAGER, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!