Regional Medical Director
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: January 16, 2021
Internal Medicine opening in Boise, Idaho. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com About Corizon
HealthCorizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional
healthcare in the United States.We are a company built on more than
40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.Our people,
our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that
make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your
correctional healthcare career.Responsibilities
- Sets and maintains clinical standards in the region by driving
decisions that are patient–centered, collaborative, evidence based,
and focused on both quality and utilization.
- Provides clinical leadership for statewide care management:
monitors site results through data review and care management calls
which decrease negative variances and promotes the sharing of best
- Oversees quality of care delivered by offsite and onsite
specialists within the region.
- Interprets trends and takes action at the regional level for
improving health status of the population, partnering with the
client to implement appropriate interventions.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancements and works with
regional team to design and implement changes to improve efficiency
in clinical operations and workflow.
- Mentors, monitors, and utilizes regional staff in the
appropriate use of medications (formulary, and non-formulary) and
in medication administration (e.g. side effect profile, adherence,
- Builds and maintains productive relationship with client
leaders (including client CMO when applicable) through regular
communication and face to face meetings, including one on one
- Proactively informs client of risks and high profile patient
management cases and how both are being managed.
- Partners with VPO to regularly update the client as to results,
improvements needed, and how we are meeting/exceeding client
- Role models and develops strong leadership and management
skills in Site Medical Directors and ARMDs.
- Confers with regional team daily to stay apprised of critical
situations, collaborate on action steps and/or treatment plan,
paying attention to trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Conducts thorough and timely Peer Reviews for Medical Directors
and non-physician practitioners, according to CORIZON policy and
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with site medical
providers by visiting all sites.
- Improves regional results by analyzing data, developing
strategies, and establishing enhanced expectations for Site Medical
Directors.Experience & Requirements
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Board certified in a primary care specialty (Family Practice,
Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Obstetrics and
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience required.
- Managed care experience or experience with a large physician
group in a managerial role preferred
- Three (3) years' experience in correctional medicine
- Formal management/leadership training preferred
- Formal training in CQI or similar (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to meet financial targets by implementing
appropriate clinical quality improvement initiativesBenefits
offered to the Corizon Health Regional Medical Director
- Paid Time Off (Additional state laws may be applicable)
- Medical & Dental
- Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
- Employee StatusBackground check, security clearance, and drug
screening required.Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general
consideration.Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment
opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran,
or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected
VeteransID 2019-6420Job Locations US-ID-BoiseCategory Physician &
Physician LeadershipPosition Type Regular Full-timeShift / Schedule
Weekday DayLocation ID 02044 Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs,
internal emergency medicine jobs, internal medicine specialist
jobs, internal medicine critical care jobs, internal medicine
geriatrics jobs, internal medicine pediatrics jobs, pediatric
internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Boise , Regional Medical Director, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!