Director of Maintenance
Company: Milestone Retirement Communities
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Welcome to Heatherwood Senior Living, a vibrant, energetic
independent living community. On any given day, you can walk
through our front doors and see residents letting off steam in a
Laughter Yoga class, listening to a lecture as part of our Silver
Scholars continued education program, or watching a political
debate. That's because we believe that retirement is a time to stay
physically, socially and intellectually engaged by practicing old
hobbies and finding new ones. We've taken extra effort to ensure
each detail at Heatherwood is above par when it comes to your
enjoyment and convenience. In our--studio, one and two bedroom
apartments, you'll enjoy well-appointed finishes, kitchenettes, and
generous apartments sizes. Frequent trips around Boise will enable
you to continue your active lifestyle while still enjoying extras
such as weekly housekeeping, linen service, and landscaping. Escape
to Heatherwood and join us for the good life. Now--Hiring Full Time
Maintenance Director! This position is responsible for supervising
and managing housekeeping staff, as well as all maintenance,
repair, and upkeep activities of a given managed community, and
communicating with the management company on all appropriate
- Develop and build a wide preventative maintenance program
designed to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Conduct quarterly walk-throughs to identify areas of concern
and those needing attention.
- Manage and coordinate compliance with local, state and federal
building codes, SDS, OSHA, EPA regulations, and fire codes.
- Interview, screen, check references, hire, evaluate, coach, and
terminate all staff within Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Review all apartments when a resident moves out and determine
what needs to be done to make it ready for a new resident.
- Ensure the outside of the property is maintained, and direct
landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal by staff
and/or contractors as appropriate.
- Maintain inventory control for all general supplies, parts and
equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Foster teamwork with co-workers, show initiative in overcoming
obstacles, take actions which assists others beyond job
responsibilities, and have a positive impact on co-workers,
residents, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed. Requirements:
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or
Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred in Business or a field related
to the position.
- Must have proven management experience and ability to manage
staff. Minimum three years' experience as maintenance staff
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Valid State Driver's License required for vehicle travel, as
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test;
including marijuana. Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY
to schedule your interview for this exciting opportunity! Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Milestone Retirement Communities, Boise , Director of Maintenance, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!