Mattress Program Manager
Company: Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Mattress Program ManagerDepartment: Retail Operations-
CorporateReports to: General Manager of StoresPosition:
The Manager of Sleep Centers is responsible for leading a team that
is accountable for all phases of Scandinavian Design and Dania
Furniture's mattress and sleep retail business from creation,
business development, launching and beyond. The role interacts with
buying, visual merchandising, store leadership, marketing,
accounting, and others to develop, design and merchandise
Dania-branded sleep centers in Scandinavian Designs/Dania stores.
The Sleep Center Manager will develop and administer the process of
training store Sales Associates in mattress sales, coordinate stock
levels at Distribution Centers, and perform a regular review of
merchandise selection (mattresses, bases, bedding) to ensure
efficient sell-through and consistent sales growth. The Mattress
Program Manager is also responsible for overseeing the hiring,
training, and retention of associate-level staff members with their
responsibilities divided geographically. The role requires
substantial travel to visit sleep centers every quarter as well as
attending trade and home shows. There will be a large amount of
training for new and current employees across the country both
onsite and virtually. This role is at our Boise, ID headquarters
and this a non-remote position with travel.
What You Will Do
- Establish the Mattress and Sleep Center program from the
ground-up from product assortment, marketing, sales training and
product knowledge training and expand the mattress segment to
include in-store Dania Sleep Centers.
- Conduct regular store visits to evaluate the performance of
Sleep Centers - staff product knowledge, visual standards, stock
levels (at both stores and DCs), staff performance, marketing and
training. Please note travel might be as much as 75% of the time
during the initial launch of new in-store sleep centers and for
quarterly in-person visits.
- Identify and select sleep-oriented merchandise in conjunction
with the buying team. Work with sales team to determine what is
working and what is not - adjust accordingly.
- Recruit, hire, train and retain a team to perform in-store and
virtual training, and to support the Dania Sleep Center
- Establish, design, lead and manage all mattress financing
- Develop mattress/sleep training plans for sleep center sales
associates, managers and Regional GMs.
- Conduct group and individual training sessions in stores to
improve mattress and sleep sales virtually, onsite or via video as
- Work with Managers to establish positive mattress selling
techniques, in-store mattress sales ambassadors and develop train
the trainer initiatives for the division.
- Draft and create a Train the Trainer program for the Sleep
Centers and mattress sales across the country.
- Continuously monitor and analyze mattress business metrics in
SD/Dania stores to identify opportunities.
- Partner with:
- Marketing to develop a broad, sleep-specific strategy to drive
mattress customers into Sleep Centers at Scandinavian Designs /
- Regional GMs to identify sleep-specific marketing
opportunities, including static and dynamic print advertising,
billboards, in-store and community events, and others.
- Sales Operations, Regional GMs, accounting, and ownership to
develop promotional strategies (including consumer financing)
specific to mattress and sleep business needs.
- Visual Merchandising team to create a visual merchandising and
operational plan for in-store sleep centers.
- Develop and maintain a promotional calendar tied to competitive
mattress retailing cadences.
- Perform other duties or special projects when assigned.Who You
- Have experience and love:
- Working in the mattress or sleep industry including mattress
retail or wholesale or sleep clinic for +2 years.
- Sales and sales leadership experience, including familiarity
with commission-based sales, goal setting, visual merchandising
standards and customer service.
- Attracting, recruiting, hiring and retaining sales associate
and teammates. Especially in the mattress industry.
- Training teammates on mattress product knowledge, mattress
sales techniques, financing options and create a fleet of mattress
sales ambassadors at all locations.
- Interior design and design concepts including the sleep /
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
as well as the ability to perform store analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prolonged standing and walking throughout store and warehouse
settings - stairs in some stores.
- Some pushing, pulling, lifting of furniture, occasionally heavy
lifting (50 lbs. assisted).
- Travel - up to 75%
- Office work at a desk or counter, using computer and
- Schedule includes regular weekends, evenings, holidays, and
longer hours as needed.
- Attendance at off-site events as necessary including and not
limited to sleep centers, trade shows, home shows etc.
- Our positions require successfully completing the
pre-employment background check, signing a nondisclosure agreement.
and drug screen.Education: A Bachelor's degree in related
discipline (management, marketing, communications, design, sleep
sciences, etc.) is preferred or equivalent education and experience
is welcome (High School Diploma/GED).
Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture Offers:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer contribution
- Work life balance - Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fun and rewarding work
- Visually inspiring workplace
- Family-oriented team environment
- Regular schedule
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.A family
business 50+ years in the making, with +50 furniture showrooms and
+700 employees across the U.S. in the near future, our
sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a
contemporary home furnishings destination rooted in a love for
Nordic culture, modern design and quality craftsmanship. We offer
extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth.
Our compensation includes a competitive pay program, comprehensive
health and retirement benefits.We're an equal opportunity employer
to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds,
orientations, expressions, and identities.
Keywords: Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture, Boise , Mattress Program Manager, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!