Regional Sales Manager
Company: Standlee Premium Western Forage
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Sell forage, forage products, straw, small animal food,
specialty items, and lawn/garden products to both farm and feed
retailers and pet retailers.This position profile identifies the
key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot
encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required
to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably
assigned by his/her supervisor. Key Performance Areas (Essential
Functions of the Position)
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Work directly with Sales Account Specialist to arrange delivery
and merchandising of products.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order
to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to explain products
and solicit orders.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties,
and delivery dates.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories,
following leads from existing clients, participating in
organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and
competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments and prepare sales
contracts and order forms.
- Negotiate with retail merchants to improve product exposure
such as shelf positioning and advertising.
- Obtain credit information about prospective customers.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets
and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account
- Make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays,
promotional programs, and advertising.
- Provide customers with product samples and brochures.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and
- Train customers' employees on products and product
- Other tasks as assigned
- College Degree (Business, Marketing of like); and one to three
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of excel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.Working ConditionsWork out of
HomeTravel Requirements50-75% Travel required
Keywords: Standlee Premium Western Forage, Boise , Regional Sales Manager, Executive , Kimberly, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!