Human Resources Manager
Company: BPA Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Full Time Exempt
Boise office or hybrid/remote option
*Position Summary: *
The Human Resources Manager is an integral member of the
Administration team and is responsible for the ongoing development
and implementation of the company's key human resources practices.
They ensure the implementation of the organization's mission
through talent recruitment and retention as well as legal
*Essential Functions: *
* Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the
organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting,
* Administers or oversees the human resource programs including,
but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary
matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent
management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational
health and safety; and training and development.
* Coordinates staffing and recruiting needs; works
cross-functionally with supervisors to develop, execute and assist
with best practices for hiring and talent management.
* Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including
review of reports and metrics from the organization's information
* Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with federal,
state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended
best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to
* Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to
communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper
* Performs other duties as required.
*Functional Area Summary: *
The focus and key result of the Administration team is to ensure we
are effectively managing assets - both people and profits. The team
ensures effective human resources policies and practices provide
our employees with support and benefits that promote their
performance and well-being. The Administration team provides
financial management and ensures we are planning for the health of
our organization for a long time to come. The Administration team
has oversight of information technology as well as the quality and
compliance activities happening throughout the organization. The
team manages contracts and legal agreements and ensures we are
planning for and managing risks to our success.
*Required skills & competencies: *
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated strong leadership skills, including interpersonal
and negotiation skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills with proven
ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
* Attention to detail.
* Attention to discretion; ability to handle confidential and/or
* Thorough understanding of laws, regulations and guidelines
related to human resources.
* Proficiency with database systems and applicant tracking
software. Paylocity experience preferred.
* Ability to flex and adapt to the growing needs of the
organization and the employees.
* Appreciation of cultural diversity and strong sensitivity toward
target member population.
*Experience and/or education: *
* Requires education in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field and a minimum of 3 years' experience in human
resource management; or any combination of education and experience
which would provide an equivalent background. Degree preferred.
* Experience leading and managing others preferred.
* Candidate must be familiar with HRMS/HRIS database systems and
common HR practices.
* SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
*Success Factors: *
* *Customer Service: *Handles communication with candidates
politely and efficiently, maintains pleasant and professional
* *Dependability: *Meets commitments, works independently, accepts
accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays
focused under pressure, shows energy, reacts to opportunities,
* *Listening Skills: * Listens attentively to others, asks
clarifying questions, actively listens, stays open to other
viewpoints, and manages distractions and interruptions.
* *Problem Solving*: Breaks down problems into smaller components,
understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex
issues, understands the difference between critical details and
* *Productivity*: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for
additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures,
manages time well, and handles information flow,
understands/responds to the changing needs of projects and
* *Sense of Urgency*: Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to
opportunities, and meets deadlines.
* *Teamwork*: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities,
listens to others and values opinions, helps team to meet goals,
welcomes newcomers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
_*Employee Benefits: *_
BPA Health offers an outstanding workplace culture in a business
casual atmosphere and a comprehensive health and wellness benefit
package, effective the first day of the month following the date of
hire. Employee benefits include:
* Generous time off benefits
* 8 paid holidays
* 401(k) matching
* HSA medical insurance plans
* Life insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability insurance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Infants at work program
* Office gym and meditation room
_*About BPA Health: *_
For over 40 years, BPA Health has pioneered behavioral health in
Idaho and the Northwest. We are committed to providing real and
human solutions that make lives better, organizations more
effective and communities stronger.
BPA Health was founded on the principles of compassion, trust and
stewardship of the health and wellbeing of the individuals and
organizations we serve. Today, our footprint as well as our range
of services and solutions has grown, but our promise remains true.
We view the world with empathy and expertise inspired by creative
business thinking. As a result, we develop and deliver products and
services to support specific, often overlooked aspects and outcomes
of behavioral health. Whether working for a broader, more inclusive
definition of healthcare or more efficient and effective business
solutions, a strong spirit of service defines our company and our
Our core values:
* Do the Right Thing
* Growth Mindset
* Actively Engage
* Do What You Say
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Boise, ID 83704: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Boise, ID 83704%58047475%
Keywords: BPA Health, Boise , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!