Assistant General Manager Specialist
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Additional Information Marriott Select BrandsJob Number
22218854Job Category Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Western Regional Office, 17872 Gillette Avenue Suite 300, Irvine,
California, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated Remotely?
YRelocation? NPosition Type ManagementJOB SUMMARYMAJOR
FUNCTIONS:The Assistant General Manager Specialist has operational
and limited financial responsibility for a given CRST hotel for the
length of the assignment. The Assistant General Manager Specialist
operates any and all hotel departments according to the Brand
Standards and the directive of the Regional Manager.PRIMARY
- Assume the role of the Assistant General Manager at the
- Have a working about assigned hotels Operating, Financial and
Sales and Marketing procedures and goals.
- Complete all Assistant General Manager or Department Manager
duties at the given hotel.
- Ensure compliance with QA at the assigned hotel.
- Perform QA self audits at any given hotel.
- Be a Brand Champion; support all Brand and Regional initiatives
with active participation.
- Be an Ambassador for sharing best practices with all the hotels
in the Region.
- Conduct region/area wide training for new initiatives and
current Brand Standards for Operations Managers.
- Participate and support the Regions Specialist Team
- Have working knowledge of the CYRB, the Bistro be able to
manage daily operations of a CYRB hotel.
- Have working knowledge off all CRST hotels current promotion
and program offerings.ESSENTIAL FUNCIONS:Guest Relations
- Provide a model behavior for guest service at the given hotel.
Extend professional courtesy to all guests.
- Support or create SMART Guest Service goals and post
expectations and results visible to all associates.
- Respond to all guest service issues and inquiries in a
professional timely manner.
- Provide Service Training by delivering the Brand specific
Service Training modules.Associate Relations
- Support or create Associate Satisfaction goals of the hotel by
monitoring compliance of the hotels action steps.
- Conduct Associate Satisfaction.
- Support or implement the Get On Board and New Associate
- Support or create Operations Managers technical and leadership
skill development plans.
- Ensure Brand Standard Service training compliance.
- Provide Benefits information by using tools available in MyHR
- Support Marriotts Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy
- Conduct weekly Leadership Staff Meetings.Financial and
- Review or create the given hotels financial reports: Budget,
Profit and Loss Statement, Labor Statistics, Distribution Summary,
Food and Beverage Recap, Wage progress and Forecast Reports.
Support current or create financial action steps to achieve the
- Complete or review the given hotels Period End Critique
document. Prepare for and Participate in the Period End Critique
process with the Regional Director, Owner/ Asset Manager.
- Review or create the given hotels compliance with all of the
Marriott Corporate Accounting procedures.
- Review the assigned hotels ADA Plan.
- Review or create the assigned hotels Sales Forecast.
- Monitor the hotels purchases and ensure financial checkbook
accounting compliance.Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
- Represent the assigned hotel in Cluster Revenue and Sales and
- Review the support the given hotels major accounts and current
Sales and Marketing action plan.
- Monitor daily sales strategy; make recommendation to the
Revenue Manager to adjust daily inventory restriction to maximize
- Review and utilize fully the assigned hotels sales
- Have working knowledge to operate the following software:
- PMS, MARSHA, Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Have working knowledge to access the following to on-line
- OnDemand, PeopleSoft, MRDW, Marrpay, Marriott Global Source,
Peoplesoft 8.8, MIFS and Marriott.com
- Produce clear, accurate and well-written documents in
representation of the hotel or the Region/Area.Other
- Comply with Marriotts Travel and Business Expense Reimbursement
Corporate Policy (MIP 44)
- Report Payroll Time Date accurately and promptly to the Payroll
- Provide a written report of accomplishments and follow up plans
and actions to each assigned hotel.
- Create yearly SMART LPP goals that support the Region and the
Brand and monitor compliance.
- Solicit performance comments from visited hotels and
incorporate learning in the personal development plan.California
Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $64,480.00
to $112,470.00 annually.Colorado Applicants Only : The salary range
for this position is $53,625.00 to $102,245.00 annually.New York
City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only : The salary range
for this position is $64,886.00 to $112,470.00 annually.Washington
Applicants Only : The salary range for this position is $65,478.40
to $112,470.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the
position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus and restricted
stock units/stock grants. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance
for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays
annually.All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision,
health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible
spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident
insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave,
educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts
at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance
plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and
conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility,
enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election
changes, benefit exclusions, and others.Marriott International is
an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are
committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as
disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under
applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Marriott International is
the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and
more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a
great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask,
where will your journey take you?
Keywords: Marriott, Boise , Assistant General Manager Specialist, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!