Safety Manager - Bettencourt Dairies, LLC
Company: Idaho Milk Products
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Department:OperationsReports to:Operations ManagerLocation:Main
Plant - Jerome IDEmployment status:Full timeShifts:Day ShiftFLSA
Status:Exempt# of openings:1Company Summary:Bettencourt Dairies,
LLC is a large commercial dairy operation which has been in
business in Southern Idaho for over 40 years. The dairy currently
operates 8 separate dairy locations, located in Jerome and Gooding
Counties, with approximately 450 total employees. The dairy milks
over 50,000 cows and farms over 12,000 acres of land. Annual
Revenues are approximately $250 million.Bettencourt Dairies is a
family-owned business with over three generations involved in the
farm and dairy industry. They take pride in milking dairy cows and
raising crops to feed them. Their commitment to the dairy industry
is to provide the highest quality milk and dairy
products.SCHEDULE:Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, subject to change
according to business needs.BENEFITS:
- Benefit package availablePOSITION SUMMARY:This position is
responsible for maintaining a proactive safety culture by providing
leadership and expertise to all employees. The Safety Manager
regularly conducts assessments to identify safety areas of risk and
implements proactive strategy to drive sustainable results and
improvement. This position leads the investigation of accidents and
injuries and cooperates in the preparation and execution of
materials for hearings and insurance investigations. In addition,
the Safety Manager designs, implements, and continuously improves
all safety programs and trainings.Vehicle will be
provided.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE
- Ensures company safety programs are fully implemented and
functional in meeting compliance with all local, state, and federal
laws, regulations, guidelines and Bettencourt Dairy Protocols.
- Advises dairy management of regulatory changes with which the
plant must comply. Sufficient advance notice should be provided so
that compliance on the effective date of new regulations is
- Ensures the safety of dairy personnel and their compliance with
established safety policies, procedures and practices, and
completes all required training programs.
- Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and Worker's Compensation
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation
reports and follows-up as necessary.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company
memoranda, newsletters, and specific training programs.
- Provides technical support to plant personnel to ensure
compliance with applicable occupational safety regulations.
- Audits practices and records of plant to ensure compliance with
company programs and Federal/State occupational safety and health
- Eliminates or controls hazardous conditions resulting from
human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to
human injury and/or property damage.
- Conducts and coordinates safety inspections on a weekly and
monthly basis as needed.
- Supports plant personnel in selection of appropriate (PPE)
personal protective equipment.
- Assists with the Return to Work Program.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and
coordinates safety training programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains company safety records and manuals.
- Prepares and maintains reports and documentation concerning the
aspects of the safety program.
- Keeps current on federal, state, and local legislation on OSHA
- Provides 24x7 on-call support for emergencies and critical
- Completes other projects as assigned.POSITION
- Required: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work-related
- Required: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and OSHA 10 hour.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety or related
- Preferred: Certified Safety Manager (CSM) and/or Safety
Manager/Trainer Course - 40hrs (STS/SPS).Experience:
- Required: 2 to 5 years of experience in Safety, preferably
within an agricultural or manufacturing setting; consumer products,
food or beverage industry.
- Required: Experience conducting inspections/audits of safety
policies and programs for regulatory compliance as well as
investigating and reporting accidents/incidents.
- Required: Valid state driver's license.
- Preferred: Prior expirence on the development and delivery of
safety training courses.
- Preferred: Prior expirence on farms with animals.Knowledge:
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of and the ability to
interpret and apply complex local, state, and federal regulations
from governing agencies such as OSHA, and NFPA.
- Knowledge of federal, state, OSHA regulations, safety equipment
and proper handling of chemicals.Skills:
- Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective prioritizing, organizing, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies
and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve defined
goals on time.
- Experience solving problems, analyzing information,
highlighting relevant information and suggesting appropriate
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing
demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers
and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and
persist in the face of obstacles.
- Demonstrated success managing large projects and initiatives,
documenting procedures and building and executing safety
programs.To apply for this position please visit our website at
www.idahomilkproducts.com and click the JOIN OUR TEAM link in the
top right-hand corner.Job Type: Full-timeSchedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayApplication Question(s):
- Do you have experience in conducting inspections/audits of
safety policies and programs for regulatory compliance as well as
investigating and reporting accidents/incidents?
- Are you a Certified Safety Manager (CSM) and/or Safety
Manager/Trainer Course - 40hrs (STS/SPS)?
- Do you have prior experience in the development and delivery of
safety training courses?
- Are you certified in OSHA 10 hour?Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- safety: 1 year (Preferred)Language:
- Fluent Spanish (Required)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Idaho Milk Products, Boise , Safety Manager - Bettencourt Dairies, LLC, Executive , Jerome, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...