Vice President of Marketing and Marketplace
Company: Truckstop.com Careers
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Truckstop.com is hiring a Vice President of Marketing and Marketplace Truckstop.com is seeking a humble, customer-centric, high-energy, transformative, creative, growth-oriented senior executive with deep experience leading Marketing organizations in a fast-paced growth and SaaS marketplace environment. The ideal candidate is a tech savvy and inquisitive SaaS marketing executive with the vision, drive, innovative thinking and track record of success in leading all marketing efforts for our industry-leading company. This leader will be a growth and value hacker at heart, with an entrepreneurial flair and the expertise to build a world class SaaS marketing team. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and will work closely with the senior executive and leadership team. This is a highly visible and deeply influential role, both internally and externally. What You Will Do: Create and Articulate a Strategic Marketing Vision, Go-To- Market Plan and KPIs.
- Articulate and establish "Outside In" customer-centric vision for the company's strategic roadmap, go-to-market strategy and continual evolution of the brand's positioning. Create stepping stones to realize the vision.
- Own the core marketing metrics by creating, defining and iterating on all KPIs.
- Determine all Marketing related budget items including insource versus outsource decisions.
- Communicate an enterprise strategy and operational plan with clear visibility and knowledge of progress to partners of all levels, including C-suite and Board of Directors.
- Build and launch a consistent external/internal communication and messaging strategy that enables our value proposition to be delivered across our ecosystem with consistency and for maximum impact.
- Demonstrate an enterprise mindset and influence by establishing and exceeding organizational and functional goals within a cross-functional environment. Evolve Brand Perception, Thought Leadership and Awareness.
- Develop and execute plan to transform Truckstop.com's brand and value perception as the clear leader in marketplace solutions for the freight industry. Define and set clear goals for delivering growth in brand perception and affinity.
- Be a key internal and extern evangelist for Truckstop.com, exuding confidence, clear vision and expertise.
- Serve as a leading dreamer, as you help build a market and product/value vision in which we can strive for in the mid and long-term.
- Deliver on today's market needs while anticipating and validating market opportunities to leap frog competition and expand market positioning.
- Dominate market presence by being at the right places to put Truckstop in the right conversations with the right thought leaders from analysts, to solution providers, to alliance partners, to customers.
- Serve as key spokesperson to represent Truckstop.com's brand in public. This includes industry events, trade associations, press and media relations, and Truckstop.com communities
- Develop, evolve and share a deep understanding of the customer personas, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Understand the competitive landscape to drive brand positioning, value proposition, strategic roadmap, market messaging, promotional strategies and communication priorities.
- Lead and oversee brand, advertising and PR strategy and execution. Deliver on Growth Objectives.
- Drive and scale lead generation and self-service conversion models to ensure short and long-term rapid and predictable MRR growth.
- Create a robust customer membership program to provide further value to both existing customers and prospects. Build deep customer insights that fuel the organizations market knowledge and strategic roadmap.
- Leverage best-in-class marketing principles, strategies and activities to reach effective growth strategy.
- Lead team with technology decisions and best practices including marketing automation and Salesforce.com. Partner with Key Cross-Functional Stakeholders to Create Successful Go-to-Market plans.
- Partner closely with the commercial team leaders to align GTM strategy to reinforce and deliver upon Truckstop.com's customer success strategy.
- Coordinate with product marketing team to ensure alignment on all new product feature announcements, launches, and sales/marketing collateral in support of driving customer value, revenue growth, demand, awareness and advocacy. Demonstrate leadership, influence and accountability in building and equipping sales teams with a sales enablement process and resources.
- Ensure enterprise-wide alignment, communication and preparedness on key GTM strategies and tactics. Be a Leader and Mentor.
- Lead and oversee marketing leaders throughout the marketing department.
- Possess and model Servant Leadership for the marketing team by way of establishing and articulating a clear vision and plan with exceptional communication and well-thought-out accountabilities.
- Coach and educate team on marketing and team effectiveness best practices. Build and lead a team of nimble and world-class marketing professionals.
- Prioritize and nurture an internal culture of collaboration and innovation with high integrity and accountability.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of marketing efforts with organizational goals, initiatives, processes, resources, and metrics to optimize organizational results. Do you Qualify?
- 15+ years of well-rounded marketing / business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on marketing expansion and identifying emerging market trends.
- 10+ years' experience leading all aspects of Marketing including; strategic positioning, digital marketing, public relations, event marketing, content, creative direction, brand management and product marketing.
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience, with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to a team of 5+ direct reports.
- 3+ years of marketing experience in the SaaS space, within an MRR business model, is required. Experience leading marketing for a SaaS marketplace business is strongly preferred. Experience in supply chain, logistics or transportation is strongly preferred.
- A visionary with an exemplary reputation and proven track record of creating and successfully executing on marketing strategies, business transformation, exceptional customer value creation, and accelerated revenue and profitability growth.
- Strongly prefer deep expertise in leveraging Salesforce.com to drive commercialization strategies and execution.
- BA/BS required (quantitative or marketing focused subject preferred). MBA or advanced degree, with a specialization in Marketing, strongly preferred.
- Team player with high level of integrity, responsibility, and strong focus on instilling a collaborative environment.
- Dependable and with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Ability to build strong teams that align with company values. Effectively recruit, retain, and motivate the existing team and future talent.
- Exceptional time management skills; able to prioritize multiple competing tasks efficiently.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in an energetic, fast pace, high growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- Moderate travel required, with spikes in travel throughout the year. 0 Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Truckstop.com Careers, Boise , Vice President of Marketing and Marketplace, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!