General Manager - Environmental Services / Custodial
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Unit DescriptionEmployer is currently seeking Environment Services General Manager 4 at St. Luke's Medical Center in Boise, ID. This is an acute care facility with over 400 beds and 800K of cleanable sq. ft and covering multiple locations including an off-site surgery center and the only Childrens Hospital in the state. The position will lead an EVS team of 130+ full time employees. Employer currently manages the EVS, Food & Nutrition Services, Laundry and CTM at this system.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Employer is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Employer employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America.
Our Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction.
Are you the experienced Environmental Services/Housekeeping Manager were seeking?
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Employer ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 3-5 years previous General Manager/Director level custodial or housekeeping experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Works with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
Working for Employer in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Employers unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Employer:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Employer fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Employer a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance every day.
Are you ready to start your Employer career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Employer, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.Position SummaryProvides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Employer employees) in the delivery of Employer Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Employer/Client contractual agreement. Key Duties- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff. - Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Employer mission & values within our contractual agreement - Fully implement and adhere to the Employer Clients for Life process- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes. - Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Employer Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Employer, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.- Develops, administers, and monitors Employer and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments. - Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Employer Leadership- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performanceQualifications & RequirementsBasic Education Requirement - Bachelors Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Employer is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Keywords: Sodexo, Boise , General Manager - Environmental Services / Custodial, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!