Posted on: October 11, 2019
# of openings
Healthwise is a global provider of health information, decision
support tools, behavior change assistance, and personal care
planning for the top health plans, care management companies,
hospitals, and consumer health portals. Each year, millions of
people use our content and tools to manage their health, make
better health decisions, and live healthier lives.
Above all, we believe that our people are the most important part
of our nonprofit organization. When you join Healthwise, rest
assured that you'll be among people who are passionate about their
work and who combine dedication to our mission with a commitment to
work/life balance. To help maintain that balance, our Boise campus
boasts a fully equipped gym; walking, running, and biking trails;
healthy snacks; company bicycles; and a host of exercise
classes-all on-site. Our offices are on the road to the local ski
area. And we work in beautiful buildings, filled with natural light
and the best of regional art. We come together frequently as a
company to assess and improve our internal culture, find ways to
work smarter and serve our clients better, and help each other meet
the demands of work and of life. The caliber of our people, our
understanding of client needs, and our commitment to our mission
all give Healthwise a bright future innovating the next generation
of consumer health content. We hope you'll join us.
As product manager, you are a passionate team player, adept at
managing relationships, and collaborate with and influence many
people across the organization. You will guide a product team that
is charged with a product's contribution to our business, building
new products, increasing the profitability of existing products,
and supporting the Healthwise mission. In addition, you will help
develop new product ideas or enhancements based on your contact
with customers, internal subject matter experts, and the
You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect
information, know how to lead without authority, and be comfortable
managing complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business
and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the
drive to make that vision a reality. You must also enjoy spending
time in the market to understand market problems and finding
innovative solutions for the broader market.
Communication skills are key to success in this role. You will work
with content and development counterparts to define product release
requirements based on market problems. You will work with product
marketing and marketing communications to help define the
go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights.
You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for
your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales
channel and key customers. In short, you must be prepared to
communicate with all areas of the company.
You are a strategist who will translate the company's high-level
vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will set product
strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate
product schedules with your design, content, and engineering
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as the "messenger of the market" from the outside-in to
the rest of the organization.
- Develops a multi-year roadmap for your products to illustrate
our vision and plan into the future.
- Works cross-functionally with other business teams, such as
finance and legal, to understand business requirements, build
business models, establish pricing, and show project ROI.
- Develops and maintains a business proposal that makes a
compelling case for continued investment in products.
- Works collaboratively with product team members to determine
research needed to obtain market information.
- Assess market competition by preparing comprehensive
- Collaborates with other stakeholders, such as product marketing
or content and design strategy, to create messaging and positioning
for your products.
- Creates user stories for current and future products based on
the market's problems.
- Manages the entire product line lifecycle, from prototyping and
testing new features/products and ideas to sunsetting legacy
- Drives buy-build-partner analysis and, where necessary, reviews
potential partner relationships for the product.
- Knows why we are winning and losing in the market to be able to
drive changes to our product or to process improvement.
- Stays aware of our competition and develops strategies and
tactics to reduce the threat.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, health or related
field with related work experience; or equivalent work
- 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product
- Certifications in product management methodologies and
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products.
- Direct experience working in the healthcare industry strongly
desired (clinical or otherwise).
- Experience with various consumer, clinical (e.g. electronic
medical record systems), and content management technologies.
Specific expertise required will vary depending on the product(s)
you will support.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, engineering, health or
related field with related work experience.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to
prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft
Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Teams,
Slack, JIRA, and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Pragmatic, SVPG, Lean, or dual-track agile
development models preferred.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a
must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of
data into actionable information.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with
our target buyers and users.
- Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large
groups, including internal and external executives.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff,
colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- This position requires domestic and possibly international
travel up to 25 percent.
- All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the essential functions satisfactorily with or without
Healthwise is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce. If you require a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring
process due to a disability, you may submit your request through
one of the methods listed below: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing
Address: Healthwise, Incorporated Attn: Human Resources 2601 Bogus
Basin Road Boise, ID 83702 Fax: 208-387-6776
Keywords: Healthwise, Boise , Product Manager, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!