Director of Sales
Company: Residence Inn Boise Downtown City Center
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Residence Inn Boise Downtown City Center - Director of Sales The
best job at the best hotel in the best city Conveniently located in
the heart of Idahos state capital, our 185 room newly built
upscale-urban Marriott Residence Inn is looking for a savvy
Director to lead our sales team. Its more than just a sales job- as
part of the executive team you will help craft the culture of a
singing, hugging, celebrating, live-to-serve-others team. The
Residence Inn brand is a special kind of fun. You might have a
chance to meet Pauls soccer-playing-ponytail-wearing-seventh grader
when she joins him on spring break next year. If youre really
lucky, youll get to meet our favorite four-legged pal, Bane when
his human travels through on his monthly trip to Boise. (Bane
weighs 125 lbs now- we met him back when he was a tiny 90 pound
Rottweiler puppy!) Are YOU a dog-person? Do you keep a lint roller
in your desk? How's your sense of humor? In between nuzzling pups,
we manage to dabble in a little revenue management and work to pull
the markets rates higher than they have ever seen before in Boise.
Do you love puzzles and layering in business to drive revenues? We
pay attention to whats happening in town and work hard to win our
market. We love football season and our own Boise State Broncos
play on the infamous blue turf. The best part of Bronco football is
welcoming the folks for the first visit since new-student drop-off
in August. Like we said, this is a special place and you might have
a chance to become a part of someones story. Most of the time we
play with kids and dogs, but when we work- its a fast-paced,
high-engagement and top-performing team. We thrive on making
peoples day by being intuitive and creative. We listen, learn, and
act. Proactive selling here means thinking ahead for the guest and
their guests and truly integrating into their teams. Sprinkle in a
little convention business, build up the backyard corporate
accounts, join a club or two, answer your phone, return calls, be
quick on your email and youll rapidly become everyones hotel-person
in Boise. If you are a savvy sales sleuth that has mastered the art
of connecting with people, then this position is for you! A good
sense of humor, detective-like skills to spy on your competitive
set and the ability to celebrate your team's success is the gravy
on top of our kibble. Extended Stay background? Consider that the
ribbon in our collar. Delivering daily on leading people that
guests tell stories about that is what we ask of you, but we also
expect you are exceptional at the following:
- Building and leading a pro-active, successful sales team.
- Driving retail, group, business transient and catering business
through various networks, cold calling and visiting local
businesses in your immediate market.
- Effectively managing the workflow through our systems, properly
responding and filing data per company and brand standards.
- Actively participating in promotional, community, and industry
events- cultivating a strong network.
- Understanding not only the hotel's operations, including room
types, meeting capacities, service, features and benefits, but also
the Residence Inn concept.
- Reviewing monthly STAR reports and creating action plans as
- Communicating with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that
pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as
- Drive public relations and eCommerce initiatives. Required
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible hotel sales
- A 4-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or
related major and two years of experience in related professional
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions,
including MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Marriott or national brand hotel experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
(Hospitality or Hotel Administration preferred); or four years
equivalent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of two years equivalent experience in a property of
similar size and quality.
- Solid career progression in a sales capacity.
- Thorough understanding of revenue and yield management
- Position requires ability to work a varied schedule that
includes evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. What to Expect:
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a
- A diverse and challenging work environment with smart, capable
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done and share in the
- Be recognized for excellence.
- Have fun doing great things with amazing people. Property
Details The Residence Inn Boise Downtown/City Center is part of a
growing trend of urban upscale Residence Inn hotels being
constructed in high profile downtown locations. The new urban
Residence Inns are designed to cater to the convention guest, the
corporate traveler, and the long term stay guest. Our hotel is
conveniently located at the corner of Capitol Blvd and Broad St,
just a quick 4 blocks to the Idaho State Capitol Bldg, 2 blocks
from the Boise Centre Convention Center, and 4 miles to the Boise
airport. https://www.marriott.com/BOIRD An ideal Director of Sales
candidate must possess extensive knowledge of hotel operations, a
positive attitude, strong prospecting skills, strong networking
skills, and the ability to work without supervision. The Director
of Sales must be able to work well with others, communicate
effectively and respond in a timely manner, follow through on all
the details, be able to multitask and epitomize professionalism
with all hotel departments.
Keywords: Residence Inn Boise Downtown City Center, Boise , Director of Sales, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!