Digital Content Director
Company: VELOX Media
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Digital Content Director will lead the internal and external
initiatives of our Content Production department across multiple
platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads
and positive customer behavior. The successful candidate is a
hands-on creator who is adept at seeing the big picture and
directing accordingly, managing writers and editing content. This
role is also responsible for planning and managing our current
content calendar, then directing internal resources to consistently
produce professional, engaging content for our clients and their
audiences. She/he will help shape content development at VELOX and
will be instrumental in educating key stakeholders on our mission.
Ideal candidates are energetic and creative and possess
extraordinary communication and organizational skills.
Each candidate must be an expert in all things related to content
and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and
localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent (in terms of
style, quality, and tone) and optimized for search, thus creating a
positive user experience for all channels of content including
online. This will be performed for each unique client persona
within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and expands short-
and long-term marketing initiatives, determining which methods are
most effective for the brand and understanding the underlying
reasons. The continuous evolution of strategy is required.
- Managing and consistently developing a functional content
calendar throughout the enterprise verticals and defining the
owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Effectively supervising writers, editors, and content
- Being an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging,
composition and overall style.
- Integrating content output within traditional marketing
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge the effectiveness
- Collecting data on effectiveness and engagement, evaluating
analytics (or supervising those who do) and making recommendations
based on results. Working with owners of particular content to
revise and measure effectiveness as it relates to overall marketing
- Developing systems, standards and best practices (both human
and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance,
retrieval, and repurposing, including the real-time implementation
of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data in the development of content's
themes/topics and developing all necessary assets in support of a
particular point-of-view with the overall goal of educating
customers, which leads to measurable critical behavioral
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing,
publishing and retiring all content.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and
- Ensuring a consistent global experience and implementing
appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Actively participating in the hiring, training and supervising
of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Working closely with VELOX's Chief Executive Officer on all
creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message
across channels. Requirements
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in marketing,
communications or a related field
- 3-5 years' experience with professional digital content, either
in-house or agency
- 2-3 years' experience managing teams of content producers and
- 5-10+ years' experience as a respected leader in multichannel
content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in creating effective marketing and
- Excellent communication skills, with the proven ability to turn
complex ideas into clear narratives
- Experience with and knowledge of managing and executing paid
digital media campaigns
- Superb writing and oral communication skills with a nuanced
understanding of how to create and foster a brand voice online
- A passion for digital marketing and VELOX's mission
- A self-starter who works independently, actively provides
solutions and resolves issues
- Must understand and act on feedback from various contributors
then pivot, as necessary
- An organized and motivated self-starter with precise attention
- Experience creating compelling messages for a diversity of
- HR-related experience including interviewing/hiring, training,
managing, evaluating and other managerial tasks Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Generous Paid-Holiday Schedule
- 401(k) Plan with Company-Match
- Private, Secure Downtown Parking
- Gym Membership
- Frequent Team-Building Activities and Outings
- Casual Dress Code
- Kombucha On Tap!
What's our culture like? VELOX is basically 1 big (or small
depending on where you are from) happy and hard-working family. We
like to work hard but also have fun. We're serious about getting it
right and having lots of laughs along the way. Accountability is
huge for us because the buck stops here. We don't make excuses. We
are persistent and persuasive, thrive on strategy and strive for
greatness in everything we do.
Keywords: VELOX Media, Boise , Digital Content Director, Executive , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!