Medical Science Liaison, Hematology/Oncology
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company
focused on improving patients lives by identifying, developing and
commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical
needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio
and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that
can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of
the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates
to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you ll explore our career openings and get to know
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will provide clinical and
scientific information in response to inquiries about Jazz
Pharmaceuticals marketed and developmental products to physicians,
other health care providers, medical centers and staff, health
maintenance organizations, and government health agencies. The MSL
will also identify and develop relationships with regional and
national key opinion leaders; and when appropriate the MSL will
assist with the identification of potential clinical investigators.
The Medical Science Liaison will collaborate with other field-based
personnel to ensure that Jazz maintains a strong clinical and
scientific presence in the field.
THE TERRITORY INCLUDES OREGON, WASHINGTON, IDAHO, MONTANA, NEVADA
THE MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON WILL:
* Enhance Jazz Pharmaceuticals image as an advocate of medical
advancement by using knowledge of product, disease state and
pipeline products to engage healthcare providers in meaningful
scientific exchange of information
* Present scientific and clinical data for Jazz s marketed
* Develop and maintain successful relationships with key opinion
leaders, clinical investigators, and providers at academic and
non-academic settings in order to achieve mutually agreed upon
objectives (i.e., investigator-initiated studies, publications,
* Consistently demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude that
exemplifies ownership of business, partnership with key opinion
leaders, teamwork with peers, and respect of supervisors, peers,
* Possess an established medical/scientific background and a proven
ability to effectively communicate complex information
* Develop and prioritize solutions to problems, understand
relationship between actions and results, and be able to understand
and appreciate needs of the healthcare community
* The following education is required:
* Advanced degree (PharmD, MD, PhD or equivalent) with a minimum of
3 years experience in hematology/oncology medicine.
* License (RN, NP, CNP, PA or equivalent) with a minimum of a
Master s Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years experience
in hematology/oncology medicine.
A minimum of 2 years experience as a MSL or comparable industry or
clinical role is required. * Knowledge of geography and key opinion
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as
* Understanding of regulatory requirements for field-based
* Ability to collaborate with internal colleagues in sales,
marketing, and managed care accounts
* Ability to deliver scientific and clinical presentations to many
types of audiences, including managed care
* Ability and willingness to travel at least 60% of work days
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
* PowerPoint and Excel skills required
* Description of Physical Demands
* Frequent travel between meeting sites.
* Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other
similar office machinery.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office
environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes,
vibrations and temperature changes.
* Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a
* Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include
working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business
* Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Boise , Medical Science Liaison, Hematology/Oncology, Healthcare , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!