Registered Nurse PACU (FT) - Treasure Valley Hospital
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Location: US-ID-Boise# of Openings: 1Category: Registered
NurseSystem ID: 13297Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning,
implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to
discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement
of patient outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision, and
values of the facility.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise
and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates,
physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Clinical Quality:
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of
the patient's care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe
patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing
- Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment
data and patient's own goals. Goals are mutually set with the
patient and family
- Coordinates nursing interventions to enhance achievement of
expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures when providing
- Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing
- Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in
- Assesses learning needs according to patient's level of
understanding and readiness to learn.
- Evaluates patient's progress toward outcome achievement on an
- Revises plan of care based on change in patient status and/or
information gathered at change of shift
- Documents patient's progress toward achievement of
- Directs others in the implementation of the teaching plan.
- Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care
for patients receiving care.
- Analyzes nursing care provided in the facility related to the
established standards of care.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate the nursing care provided in
- Assigns patient care responsibilities based on patient needs
and abilities of available staff.
- Assumes charge nurse responsibility as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions concerning
- Participates on quality council to facilitate improvement of
- Participates in the orientation of nursing staff.
- Participates in developing standardized patient education
programs, as requested.
- Participates in team conferences on assigned patients.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- At least one year of medical/surgical nursing experience
- Current state licensure to practice. Successful completion of
Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within
90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation or current PALS certification.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
#ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter PI128412298
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Boise , Registered Nurse PACU (FT) - Treasure Valley Hospital, Healthcare , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!