Physician / Family Practice / Idaho / Permanent / Family Nurse Practitioner - Part-Time Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: Mountain Home
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Family Nurse Practitioner - FNP - Part-Time
Vibrant Rural Community with hiking, camping, backpacking, fishing,
The Community - Mountain Home, ID
Mountain Home is the largest city and county seat of Elmore County,
the population was 14,206 at the 2010 census. Mountain Home was
originally a post office at Rattlesnake Station, a stagecoach stop
on the Overland Stage Line, about seven miles east of the city, on
present-day US-20 towards Fairfield. With the addition of the
Oregon Short Line railroad in 1883, the post office was moved
downhill and west to the city's present site. Mountain Home is a
vibrant rural community located about 40 miles southeast of Boise.
Mountain Home is an excellent place to live and raise a family with
a genuine sense of community. Residents benefit from a cost of
living roughly fifteen percent less than the national average,
quality health facilities including St. Luke's Elmore, and
excellent schools, with several higher learning opportunities close
by. Our Clean air, low crime rate and abundance of recreational
opportunities make everyday a pleasure to be enjoyed.
Mountain Home Air Force Base
Located on a high desert plateau between two large mountain ranges,
Mountain Home AFB is situated about 50 miles southeast of Boise and
90 miles northwest of Twin Falls, Idaho. The city of Mountain Home,
Idaho has a population of approximately 16,848. Mountain Home Air
Force Base is home to the 366th Fighter Wing, the "Gunfighters. "
The 366th Fighter Wing is a member of an air expeditionary force.
The Wing blends the firepower of F-15C Eagles and the F-15E Strike
Eagles, to form a cohesive aerial.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to
- Provide a full range of nurse practitioner services in
accordance with privileges granted by the Commanding Officer (e.g.,
supervise and provide general screening and medical care and
examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions
involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations;
diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or
minor trauma within accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or
in collaboration with a physician.
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients
with chronic illnesses.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians,
clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality
and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care
within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate
communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react
quickly in emergency situations.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation of newly assigned personnel, as
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to
these groups, and assists with decision-making and process
improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and
medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives.QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a graduate of a Masters of Nursing program accredited by the
National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice in one of the
fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto
Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess current certification (in the specialty corresponding
to the specialty required by the task order) as a Nurse
Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Possess current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as approved by the American
Heart Association (AHA) for Healthcare Providers.
- Have minimum of 24 months (2 years) of full-time experience
within the last 36 months (3 years) in a setting corresponding to
- Possess and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled
substances as listed in 21 C.F.R. 1308.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Boise , Physician / Family Practice / Idaho / Permanent / Family Nurse Practitioner - Part-Time Job, Healthcare , Mountain Home, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!