Clinical Nurse Specialist
Company: St. Luke's Health System
Posted on: January 13, 2022
OverviewSt. Lukes Health System is currently seeking a Clinical
Nurse Specialist (CNS) for Adult Health Services to join our team
in Boise, Idaho! Top Reasons Why You Want to be a CNS with our
- St. Luke's Treasure Valley has been awarded our fifth Magnet
recognition, marking 20 years of distinction.
- As a clinical nurse specialist, you will apply advanced nursing
knowledge and specialized expertise and experience in the promotion
of quality nursing care specifically focused on the Perinatal
- The Nursing and Patient Care Center of Excellence is committed
to evidence-based practice, system collaboration in sustainment of
our Magnet designation, original research, innovation, and
professional development of your nursing career at the bedside and
- You get to work with several advance practice clinical nurse
specialists within our department who support the health system and
the patients continuum of care. Unit/Position SummaryThe Nursing
and Patient Care Center of Excellence partners and mentors with
nurses in certification, advanced education, EBP projects,
research, and manuscript publishing. This position will report to
our Director of Nursing Practice in the Center of Excellence for
Nursing and Patient Care Services.This position will have an Adult
Health/Ambulatory Services focus; no direct patient care. A strong
Med/Surg, Ambulatory Care background is needed for this position.
Hours: 8-5, M-F with some flexibility. Some travel; no
- Conducts comprehensive, holistic wellness and illness
assessments using known or innovative evidence-based techniques,
tools, and direct and indirect methods.
- Provides consultation to staff nurses, medical staff and
interdisciplinary colleagues. Provides leadership in maintaining a
supportive and healthy work environment.
- Facilitates the provision of clinically competent care by
staff/team through education, role modeling, teambuilding, and
- Performs system level assessments to identify variables that
influence nursing practice and outcomes. Determines nursing
practice and system interventions that will promote patient, family
and community safety.
- Uses effective strategies for changing clinician and team
behavior to encourage adoption of evidence-based practices and
innovations in care delivery.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary teams to address ethical
concerns, risks or considerations, benefits and outcomes of patient
- Provides leadership in promoting interdisciplinary
collaboration to implement outcome-focused patient care programs
meeting the clinical needs of patients, families, populations and
- Fosters an interdisciplinary approach to quality improvement,
evidence-based practice, research, and translation of research into
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Masters of Nursing Degree with Clinical Nurse
- Experience: 5 years clinical experience in specialty
- Current RN licensure from State of Practice
- Advanced Practice RN licensure from State of Practice and
Current BLS-CPR Certificationby Jobble
Keywords: St. Luke's Health System, Boise , Clinical Nurse Specialist, Healthcare , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!