Company: UTRS, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Universal Technical Resource Services, Inc. (UTRS) is currently
seeking a candidate for a Laboratory Technician to work in the
Butte, MT research facility. This is an excellent opportunity for
someone who is interested in pursuing a technical career and has
experience with operation and maintenance of sophisticated
laboratory equipment and general laboratory work. Position
requirements are summarized below. This position will support the
Titanium Research Laboratory, help perform experiments with
induction furnace, perform various administrative tasks, make
repairs and changes to varies laboratory equipment including
furnaces, maintain accurate records of experiments and other
various duties as directed by supervisor. -- What will you be
- Support laboratory operation (e.g., chemical blending, bead
blasting, acid washing).
- Assist in setting up and cleaning of laboratory furnace for
- Perform sample preparation and analysis with sophisticated
- Monitor, maintain and perform repairs on furnaces and
laboratory equipment as needed.
- Perform various administrative duties, including ordering
supplies and keeping track of expenses.
- Sample and analyze experiments and send samples out for
- Keep accurate records of experimental testing, organize various
forms of information and maintain in database.
- Assist with and perform laboratory procedures.
- Operate various furnaces and equipment performing experiments
as directed by supervisor.
- Support the laboratory safety program.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, equipment, parts and
corresponding safety data sheets.
- Report activities both written and orally.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor. What skills
will the ideal candidate have to be successful? Job Requirements
- Must have hands on experience in working in a chemical
- Degree in chemistry or related field or a minimum of 2 years'
experience working in a chemical laboratory.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety protocol and must follow
chemical/metallurgical laboratory procedures.
- Experience working with chemicals (acids, flammable, and
corrosive materials, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Office software.
- Candidate must be organized. Experience with administrative
tasks is a plus.
- Experience with organizing and storing information in a large
database program is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with a wide range of chemical analytical testing
procedures is a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and operate multiple
machines/experiments at one time.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and in a
- Adaptable to new situations, equipment, and work
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. may be required on occasion.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for science in general is a must.
- Must be a US Citizen or able to obtain clearance to work in the
- COVID-19 vaccination required per Executive Order 14042. --
UTRS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UTRS is a drug-free
workplace with pre-employment drug testing and background
verifications. For more information or to apply now, go to the
website below: -- -- -- UTRS, Inc.
Keywords: UTRS, Inc., Boise , Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Butte, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!