RN Labor & Delivery/PostPartum Full-Time Nights
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:12 Hour Night ShiftDescription:At
Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are
living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming
to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these
virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest
quality of care.We are looking to hire an experienced Labor and
Delivery Registered Nurse for the Family Maternity Center in Boise.
This position will be located at our Regional Medical Center off
I-84 and Curtis Road.As an RN at Saint Alphonsus Health System, you
provide hands-on patient care while collaborating with colleagues,
maintaining accurate documentation, and utilizing resources wisely.
You will serve as a patient advocate by promoting physical,
spiritual, and emotional well-being. You'll also educate patients,
administer prescribed medications and treatments, and develop care
plans based on patient needs.In addition to providing hands-on
nursing care, you will work and serve in a broad range of
capacities including, but not limited to, delegation, assessment,
planning of care and treatment, teaching of the patient and the
patient's family. You will be expected to exercise competency in
judgment, decision-making, implementation of nursing intervention,
delegation of function or responsibility, and administration of
medications and treatments prescribed by legally authorized
persons.As a condition of employment for this role, you may be
asked to float to various facilities, including Saint Alphonsus
Boise and Nampa campuses.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND
- Must have an RN license in the state of Idaho prior to hire
- Must provide licensure or proof of application in the state of
Oregon within six months of hire
- BLS/HCP certification from either AHA, ARC or the Military
Training Network is required at hire in all units, unless currently
certified in ACLS and/or PALS as defined in the SAHS Certification
- ACLS and NRP certifications required within 6 months of
- STABLE certification required within one year of hire
- EFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring) certification required or
obtained within 1 year of hire date.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all
assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and
Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting
services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical and psychosocial
- Educates patient based on assessment of needs.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care based on
- Communicates patient's current status and plan of care to other
caregivers (verbally and in writing).
- Prepares, gives and evaluates the effectiveness of
- Demonstrates safe operation of patient care equipment.
- Advocates for the rights of patients.
- Provides nursing measures to alleviate or reduce pain.
- Demonstrates therapeutic communication.
- Establishes therapeutic and professional boundaries.
- Integrates knowledge, experience, professional standards and
hospital policies into nursing practice.
- Meets unit specific technical skills.
- Practices with the rules and regulations defined by the Idaho
State Board of Nursing.Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System
enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and
opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health. Visit
www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits,
culture and career development opportunities available to you at
Saint Alphonsus Health System.Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health
are committed to promoting diversity in its workforce and to
providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect. We are committed to recruit and
retain a diverse staff reflective of the communities we serve.
Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal opportunity employers
and prohibit discrimination against any individual with regard to
race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin,
age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity
Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Boise , RN Labor & Delivery/PostPartum Full-Time Nights, Healthcare , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!