RN - Interventional Radiology Part-Time Days
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Employment Type:Part timeShift:Day ShiftDescription:At Saint
Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living
out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to
work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these
virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest
quality of care.As an Interventional Radiology Nurse, we will rely
on you to ensure our patients receive excellent care during
surgical procedures.This position offers autonomy - you are able to
manage the patient through the entire procedure. The team
environment is very positive -it's a great group of people to work
with!Your day will include responsibilities like:
- Prepping patients for surgical procedures - starting IVs;
reviewing patient history; ensuring patient care plan is updated
and appropriate for procedure
- Intra-procedural conscious sedation - independently monitoring
patients hemodynamic and respiratory stability while providing
- Emergent procedural cases - primary nurse for embolization
cases, thrombectomies, and other critical patient cases requiring
emergent intervention in radiology
- Patient recovery post procedure - monitoring site conditions;
ensuring patient returns to baseline Aldrete; ensuring care needs
are met for discharge home vs admissionSCHEDULE INFOThis is a
part-time position, working 8 hour shifts, 3 days per week. The
days are not set, but in general there are no weekends or major
holidays, aside from rotating call on holidays, which is
infrequent. You will be expected to work 1 day per week at our
Nampa Interventional Radiology unit, as well as take a call shift
every other week.REQUIREMENTS
- Colleague must have an RN license in their primary work state
(Idaho), issued prior to hire date.
- Must provide licensure or proof of application in their
secondary state (Ontario) within six months of hire.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from
either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required at
hire in all units, unless currently certified in ACLS and/or PALS
as defined in the SAHS Certification Crosswalk.
- ACLS and PALS required or able to obtain within six months of
- ICU, ER, or OR nursing experience is preferredESSENTIAL
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all
assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and
Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting
services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical and psychosocial
- Educates patient based on assessment of needs.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care based on
- Communicates patient's current status and plan of care to other
caregivers (verbally and in writing).
- Prepares, gives and evaluates the effectiveness of
- Demonstrates safe operation of patient care equipment.
- Advocates for the rights of patients.
- Provides nursing measures to alleviate or reduce pain.
- Demonstrates therapeutic communication.
- Establishes therapeutic and professional boundaries.
- Integrates knowledge, experience, professional standards and
hospital policies into nursing practice.
- Meets unit specific technical skills.
- Practices with the rules and regulations defined by the Idaho
State Board of NursingAbout Saint AlphonsusColleagues of Saint
Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full
benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and
Trinity Health. Visit to learn more about the benefits, culture and
career development opportunities available to you at Saint
Alphonsus Health System.Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are
equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any
individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital
status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or
any other characteristic protected by law.Our Commitment to
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000
colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25
states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention, and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Boise , RN - Interventional Radiology Part-Time Days, Healthcare , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!