Echo Sonographer - FT - Days
Company: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Employment Type: Full time Shift: Day Shift Description: Sign on
generous relocation allowance and Housing Assistance availableThe
Echo Sonographer provides high-quality, efficient cardiac
ultrasound evaluations and services using state-of-the-art echo
modalities.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Science or Allied Health Field (Nursing,
Radiology, Respiratory Therapy, Cardiovascular Technologist, etc.)
or a minimum of 2 years of experience as an Echo Sonographer and a
high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from
either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required at
hire in all units, unless currently certified in ACLS and/or PALS
as defined in the SAHS Certification Crosswalk
- If Idaho is the primary work state, colleague must obtain an
Oregon license within 90 days of hire.Must be registered as one of
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI)GOOD TO HAVE:
- Pediatric ultrasound training and experience.
- Experience in M-mode, 2D Imaging, Color Doppler, and/or
- Working knowledge of Ultrasound Equipment, digital archiving,
pediatric ultrasounds.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the
Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices,
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently scan all
assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and
Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue management: ensures the accuracy of documenting
services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Maintains communication channels with supervisor regarding
individual patient and physician needs to assure optimum outcomes.
Performs cardiac echo exams according to department protocols.
Documents exam results on various media for permanent record and
- Edits Echo and clinical information according to cardiologist
- Works daily with interpreting cardiologist to provide both
written and verbal clinical and procedural patient
- Transesophageal echo studies in cardiovascular operating
- Communicates clearly with patients and patient's family members
regarding the purpose and extent of each procedure.
- After-hours call is required. At Saint Alphonsus Health System,
we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want
you to be passionate about coming to work and challenged to achieve
your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on
exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Our Commitment
to Diversity and Inclusion Trinity Health is a family of 115,000
colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25
states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention, and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Alphonsus Health System, Boise , Echo Sonographer - FT - Days, Healthcare , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...