Travel Radiology Tech (Rad Tech)
Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: March 18, 2023
- The primary role of a radiology technologist is using medical
imaging equipment to produce images of tissues, organs, bones, and
vessels and, with advanced training, assisting in the
administration of radiation therapy treatments.Duties and
- The daily tasks of a radiology technologist require precise
work and attention to detail as well as adherence to strict safety
procedures. Radiologic technologists are required to be
knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy,
- A professional technologist will also possess strong
interpersonal skills and a pleasant bedside manner, similar to
other healthcare professionals including nurses and medical
- A large part of the radiologic tech's job requires giving
instructions to patients who may be nervous regarding radiography
procedures. A well-trained technologist will be able to give
straightforward instructions as well as foster a sense of comfort
and confidence in patients.
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Preparing equipment for use as needed.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient exams.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams and monitoring patients
- Documenting information with computers.
- Reporting important information to the physician.
- Ensuring safety of patients during exams.
- Producing diagnostic images of soft tissues.
- Using sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the
- Administering targeted doses of radiation to the patient's body
to treat diseases.
- Administering trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a
- Measuring bone mineral density at a specific anatomical
site.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree or Certificate Program in
a related field of study State Licensure
- Post-primary certification in specializations of radiology
technology, such as mammography, cardiac intervention, sonography
and radiologist assistance as required
Keywords: Cynet Health, Boise , Travel Radiology Tech (Rad Tech), Healthcare , Butte, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...