Company: Kuna Joint School District 3
Location: Idaho City
Posted on: May 27, 2023
KUNA JT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 3
JOB STATUS: All Applicants
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
LOCATION: Multiple Locations in the Kuna School District
CALENDAR: 185 Days + 2 extra days
HOURS: Full Time
SALARY: Placed on certified salary schedule + $1,000 stipend
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Public Employees Retirement System
To provide a program of district-wide school health services that promotes the highest level of physical, mental and social well-being for all district students.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage and coordinate the assigned school's health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state and national regulations and statutes; maintain and operate the school clinic including the supervision of clinic staff.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
1. Work collaboratively with schools, staff, and other nurses to provide consistency in care for students; especially during emergency situations or absences of other nursing staff.
2. Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by the coordinator of health services or contained in division manuals and protocols.
3. Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
4. Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students.
5. Counsel with students concerning problems such as pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and substance abuse in order to facilitate responsible decision-making practices.
6. Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
7. Establish and update health and immunization records.
8. Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
9. Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician. --- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
10. Develop Individual Health Care Plans and 504 Plans for students on a case-by-case basis.
11. Complete nursing assessments as needed to develop Individual Health Plans
12. Visit students' homes when necessary.
13. Attend in-services, conferences, and workshops to improve school nursing skills and knowledge.
14. Participate in and arrange in-service training programs for district staff, administrators, students, and parents as requested
15. Orient the staff and teach specific medical procedures for the evaluation and maintenance of the medically involved student in the classroom.
16. Present, train and maintain appropriate standards from OSHA regarding contact with, and possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other potentially infectious body materials within the school or employment setting.
17. Provide health education and anticipatory counseling.
18. Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
19. Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies.
20. Coordinate presentations by various agencies and professionals on pertinent health care topics for school staff.
21. Maintain clinic equipment and assesses the need for consumable supplies on an annual basis.
22. Manage the process for third-party billing with Medicaid to obtain reimbursement for skilled nursing care.
23. Know and follow district policy and chain of command.
24. Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
25. Perform related work as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, simple grasping, pushing pulling, fine motor, and gross motor skills, bending, lifting, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and reaching. Ability to lift students as required and has the stamina to stand all day, every day of the week as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
KUNA JT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 3
Keywords: Kuna Joint School District 3, Boise , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Idaho City, Idaho
here to apply!