Technical Writer - Instructional Designer
Company: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Technical Writer develops and maintains user and technical
documentation and project process documentation. Technical Writer
understands the user's view of applications and /or technology and
can put procedures in a logical sequence. The experienced Technical
Writer provides expertise on technical concepts of applications and
/or user groups and structuring procedures in a logical sequence,
due to a broad understanding of the applications.
Years of Relevant Experience: Four plus years of experience.
Preferred Education: Four-year college degree or equivalent
Skills and knowledge in the following areas.
* Develop, enhance, and maintain user documentation for multiple
applications including documentation required for the operations
* Develop on-line source documentation as appropriate.
* Identify, create, revise, and maintain documentation and
* Ensure appropriate control access/use of documentation
* Ensure messages and terminology is consistent across all written
* Determine procedures for use of on-line documentation tools and
version control documentation as appropriate.
* Assist or guide other Technical Writer as needed to develop and
maintain user and technical documentation for their assigned
* Identify and make recommendations around documentation and
* Work with users and other State personnel to ensure that the
solutions meet State business requirements.
* Identify and initiate continuous improvement opportunities.
* Direct the development of accurate estimates for documentation
requests/activities as required
* Must have extensive experience developing curriculum and creating
* Ability to execute duties working under tight deadlines
* Be proficient in eLearning software, such as Adobe Captivate,
Articulate Storyline, etc.
Specific Skills Required (Programming languages, databases,
operating systems, etc.)
Technical Writer in the role of Instructional Designer
This Technical Writer will have responsibilities for some tasks
identified within an Instructional Designer role. The position will
be responsible for creating content outlines and storyboards for
interactive web-based training programs, curriculum and eLearning
course development. You must have excellent writing skills and
strong skills working with the Adobe Creative Suite and Captivate
or similar products. You will also work with a team to help develop
creative exercises and visuals to enhance the training experience
via video conference, webinar or eLearning courses.
1. Create a variety of training materials - lesson
plans/curriculum, eLearning videos, job aids, infographics and
webinar scripts and presentations, etc. - to support and train
process releases, rule changes and business initiatives. Required
* Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content
* Extensive Training experience
* Excellent work ethic and strong intellectual curiosity
* Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
* Ability to write clearly and effectively for multiple
* Experience working with subject matter experts
* Ability to learn, organize, and communicate new subject
* Attention to detail
* Technical communication, writing, and end-user training
* Knowledge of instructional design concepts and principles
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to develop hands-on exercises, scenarios and
* Knowledge of online teaching and learning methods
* Experience in developing web-based courses. Must understand how
to create web-based training
* Multimedia experience
* Knowledge of project management
* Experience providing training to adults in a work setting using
adult learning styles
2. Deliver, via conference call and web meeting, training to staff
on new business rules, processes and e-tools
Desired but not mandatory skills/experience:
* Knowledge and experience in project management including using
Agile Product Development and Lean methodology.
* Experience working with customer business units to understand and
document existing business processes
* Ability to analyze as-is / to-be process and develop training
curricula to support change management activities
* Experience testing large enterprise systems, including developing
test scenarios and scripts using test management tools, e.g.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for
employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or
conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant
from consideration from employment.
Keywords: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC, Boise , Technical Writer - Instructional Designer, IT / Software / Systems , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!