Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: February 19, 2021
This person will develop Java-based web applications & APIs for
a profitable e-commerce site in a startup atmosphere. The
development team uses Agile/Lean development methodologies (a mix
of Scrum and Kanban) which requires close collaboration among
developers, devops, product management, and other non-technical
organizations. This person should have experience designing and
implementing front to back web-based flows using Spring, RESTful
should also have strong SQL skills along with database interfaces
and data abstraction layers such as Hibernate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Design and implement new features using Java, Spring, and
- Create interactions with the database through a persistence
- Implement best practices with regard to security and PCI
- Maintain existing code by fixing bugs found in production.
- Write unit, integration and end-to-end tests for new features
or bug fixes.
- Perform code reviews and ensure quality of code is maintained
to high standards.
- Participate in daily standups with team members to give status
- 7+ years experience writing production software, experience
mentoring other developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of Design Patterns. Experience with test frameworks
(Selenium, Junit, Mockito). Collaborate with a variety of teams
including Development, DevOps, Product, Warehouse, etc.
- Strong Java skills - knowledge of Generics, Collections,
Networking. Working knowledge of Git. Java/Tomcat web application
development - understanding of HTTP request / response cycle.
- Ability to construct and execute advanced SQL queries.
Experience with JPA-based ORM technologies.
- JMS architecture.
- Proficient using Unix/Linux-based OS. Strong communication
skills, both spoken and written. PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Agile development experience (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience with any or all of the following development
shell scripting, a scripting languages (Groovy, Ruby, Python...),
JSON, XML, AJAX, jUnit, selenium, Lucene, Nutch, Apache, Maven,
Jackson, Jetty, and NodeJS.
- User interface design and development experience for web
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL).
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, Mongo,
- Experience building microservices based architectures.
- Experience with a CI/CD development process.
Keywords: DISYS, Boise , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!