Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform (E3) - Remote from USA
Company: Applied Materials
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Applied Materials, we are building the next generation fab
productivity solutions using Artificial Intelligence and Machine
Learning. Our AI/ML team is looking for a Full Stack Engineer who
will be responsible for expanding and optimizing APF data and data
pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and
collection for cross functional teams. The Full Stack Engineer will
support our data scientists and machine learning engineers on data
and machine learning initiatives and will ensure optimal data
delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data
needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate
will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing
our companys data architecture to support our next generation of
products and data initiatives.This position can be located anywhere
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction,
transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data
sources using SQL and big data technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide
actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational
efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product management, Data
and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and
support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics, data scientist and machine
learning team members that assist them in building and optimizing
our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater
functionality in our data systems.Qualifications
- Advanced working knowledge of object-oriented/object function
scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with
relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working
familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines,
architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
external data and processes to answer specific business questions
and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data
structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting
value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and
highly scalable big data data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with machine learning related libraries, such as
scikit-learn, pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including
Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, ClickHouse
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools:
Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with cloud services: such as EC2, EMR, RDS,
Redshift, Azure services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm,
- Candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Full Stack Engineer,
Data Engineer, Data Science Developer or Machine Learning Engineer
role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science,
Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering or
another quantitative field.#LIQualificationsEducation:Bachelor's
DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:4 - 7
YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Yes, 10% of the
TimeRelocation Eligible:NoApplied Materials is committed to
diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity
for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with
Keywords: Applied Materials, Boise , Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform (E3) - Remote from USA, IT / Software / Systems , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!