Company: Black & Veatch
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Software DeveloperDate: Nov 10, 2022Location:USCompany: Black &
Veatch Family of CompaniesAt Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go
beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down
social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical
resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide
critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver
solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our
professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is
more important than the health, happiness and professional growth
of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance
options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career
growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us
your best, and together we can build a world of difference.Req Id :
88564Opportunity Type : StaffRelocation eligible : NoFull time/Part
time : Full-TimeContract Hire Only for this Project : NoJob
SummaryThe software developers role is to design, code, test, and
analyze software programs and applications. This includes
researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software
specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software
developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely
and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.Key
ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Planning
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in
conceptualizing and developing new software programs and
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a
variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software
requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software
users.Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software
products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and
applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing
programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for
improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver
solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for
management and/or team members on the status of the programming
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or
appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as
- Remove code script from company Web site and/or related Web
applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and
software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software
products or company software systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers
and research assistants.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field OR
equivalent work experience.
- In addition to the education requirements, four to six years
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment
onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of
the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and
motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable
laws and regulations.Preferred Qualifications
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including
- Hands on experience working in integrated development
environments, including Visual Studio, Code.
- Extensive experience with Windows operating systems.
- Extensive experience with MsSQL database.
- Familiarity with the Power industry.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific all phases of the software development
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.Work
Environment/Physical DemandsTypical office environment / work from
home optionSalary PlanITS: Information Technology ServiceJob
Grade004Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its
affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black &
Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion,
color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability,
veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by
law.Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by
creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged,
productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of
health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic
region and employment status. This may include health, life
accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial
programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a
performance-based bonus program.By valuing diverse voices and
perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment
for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective
solutions for clients.
Keywords: Black & Veatch, Boise , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!