Principal Software Development Engineer (Microservices, Cloud, Linux, Distributed Systems)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title:Principal Software Development Engineer
(Microservices, Cloud, Linux, Distributed Systems)Role Overview:As
a member of the Software Development team, your primary
responsibilities include development of detection and related
technologies in a Cloud environment. The successful candidate will
work on requirements gathering, design and development of software
components, support existing customers and automation.What you will
do: Development of the next generation, cloud-based, Detection,
Threat Intelligence and Telemetry systems, across all Trellix
products. These systems assist in Trellix`s detection and Threat
management product suite. Ownership of significant areas of the
code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to
maintain or improve parts of the existing components/products.
Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new
and improve on existing features. Documenting business requirements
and coming up with the technical solutions. Continuous focus and
contribution in the areas of performance, availability,
scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product.
Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and
software development practicesMinimum requirements:
- 7 - 10 years of full life cycle of software development
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Architecture, design and
programming skills. Must have hands-on experience designing
- Experience with Security products.
- Experience with API development at scale.
- Experience with microservices, cloud development in
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills,
understanding of algorithms
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Linux with either
- 5+ years hands-on development in cloud-based environment (eg.
AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Desired Qualification:
- Understanding of data storage, analytics, big data
- Experience in distributed systems, developing large software
systems, and/or security software development in production
- Experience with agile programming and rapid prototyping is a
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and
written EnglishCompany Benefits and Perks:We work hard to embrace
diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their
authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social
programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all
of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community InvolvementWe're serious about our
commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination
based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender
expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally
protected status.Trellix is a global company redefining the future
of cybersecurity. The companys open and native extended detection
and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by
todays most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and
resilience of their operations. Trellixs security experts, along
with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology
innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over
40,000 business and government customers. More at
Keywords: Trellix, Boise , Principal Software Development Engineer (Microservices, Cloud, Linux, Distributed Systems), IT / Software / Systems , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!