At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working
and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers
engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the
fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation
of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We
recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single
greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a
consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and
We’re always looking for top performers to add value & make a
difference in people’s lives.
We offer flexible work schedules and pay based on
POSITION SUMMARY As an Assistant District Manager (ADM) you will
learn the business from the ground up providing real business
leadership development and experience as well as deep understanding
of critical components of business success (recruitment/retention
strategies, marketing, employee development, operations, training,
profitability, team leadership). This position manages the
day-to-day activities of seasonal team members assigned to
approximately twenty (20) or more stores and/or kiosk locations.
This role has access to and regularly requires working with
information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and dealing
with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Major responsibilities of
the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific
projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive
• Responsible for multi-unit retail locations in the assigned
district and will work in tandem with the District Manager to
strategically manage district operations.
• Reports to the District Manager and regularly communicates
with them to ensure the company client experience standard is being
achieved. • Drives the operation at each location to maximize the
efficiency of Tax Preparer work and increase revenue and
profitability. • Leads recruiting efforts and manages the
interviewing process of seasonal employees for assigned area.
Manages leads from JHNet and other sources.
• Works directly on job-fairs, hiring initiatives, process and
training of all preparers to execute the job.
• Assists, or drives the tax education process and flow of
teams, including the transition to hire process.
• Monitors associate performance to ensure adherence to quality
standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or
• Creates and/or approves work schedules and time cards.
Monitors Dayforce during all shifts, works with Human Resources on
any employee relations issues or complaints and training.
• Ensures all assigned locations meet company standards
including but not limited to: office set up, build-outs and
breakdown, technology set up, telecommunications, office supplies
and facilities maintenance. Maintains relationships with property
managers and landlords, works with District Manager on necessary
• Continuously builds the business by retaining existing
clients, attracting new clients and creating positive brand
• Resolves client complaints or answers client questions
regarding policies and procedures.
• Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or
complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or
• Monitors GL & P&L performance and holds/voids/rejects,
discount reports and productivity reports for assigned store group.
Also responsible for meeting all assigned district goals including,
but not limited to revenue, cash control and tax return count in
• Maintain relationships with brokers, property managers and
• Responsible for conducting internal audits of all assigned
offices to ensure all employees are in compliance with company
policies and procedures.
• Educate and support the client with marketing strategies
including but not limited to, internal office branding, client
segmentation and external marketing strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s degree or equivalent related business experience.
Course of study in management or in tax preparation and/or
• 2 years previous management or supervisory experience required
with a passion for leading and inspiring others.
• Entrepreneurial spirit that inspires out of the box thinking
to impact business results.
• Tax knowledge preferred.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and
client service skills.
• Must possess reliable transportation, insurance and a driver’s
license in good standing.
• Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications
such as electronic mail, internet browser, Word, Excel, and
accounting or tax preparation software. PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK
• Typing, sitting, standing, walking and driving.
• The role may demand heavy travel based on the geography of the
• The job is typically performed under comfortable working
conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during
normal performance of job. • Ability to sustain energy and remain
available to subordinates during season including evenings and
• Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working
environment. • Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity
employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any
applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits
harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these
protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s
policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws
respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring