We are now accepting applications for the position of Mechanic
in the Maintenance Department. Starting
wage is $17.83 - $20.50 per hour / DOQ, plus an excellent
- The primary duties of this position are to perform journeyman
level maintenance and repair of
vehicle and construction equipment.
- During winter operations, the incumbent must be available
respond to emergency call out, as
required on a 24-hour basis.
- Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of methods,
materials, tools and standard practices of
the automotive mechanic’s trade. Knowledge of heavy-duty
construction equipment maintenance
including hydraulics and diesel engines a must. Experience with
auto electrical system diagnosis and
repair required. Some knowledge of welding and mobile air
conditioning experience is a plus.
- The incumbent must supply his/her own tools and be willing to
work varied shifts. A valid Idaho
driver’s license is required. Class A CDL is desired.
- OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training which
provides the required knowledge, skills
and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD application is required and must be submitted
to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m.,
October 21, 2020. Applications are available at 3775 N. Adams;
Garden City, ID 83714 or at our website:
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and
federal laws and regulations