Site Reliability Engineer
Company: KOUNT INC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position will be responsible for providing highly
available, secure, and compliant networks, systems, and services in
a cloud environment. Activities include provisioning, configuring,
deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving Kounts AWS
infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include management of
physical security, datacenter locations, and office facilities.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Troubleshooting and resolution of production issues
- Monitoring of performance and optimization of services
- Monitoring and review of logs for anomalous behavior and
- Schedule and perform maintenance for infrastructure and
- Document, develop, and improve operational practices and
- Implement, deploy, and support internal and customer facing
- Implement, deploy, and support third party and open source
- Implement, deploy, and support physical and virtual
- Implement, deploy, and support networking infrastructure
- Implement, deploy, and support storage infrastructure
- Resource allocation to meet development and production needs
(AWS and VMware)
- Provide operational support to cross-functional product
- Assist with improvements to the continuous integration and
- Assist specialists and cross-functional teams with product
- Maintain configuration management and orchestration tools.
- Manage access to IT assets and resources
- Participate in the primary on-call rotation
Qualifications and minimum requirements :
- 4-year college degree in Information Systems, Computer Science,
or comparable IT experience.
- Minimum of three years experience with IT network and systems
- Strong background with operating systems, storage devices,
virtualization, and networking.
- Thorough knowledge of DNS, Internet protocols, web servers, and
load balancing technologies.
- Must have ability to analyze complex issues at a detailed
- Must have a desire to work in a team environment yet be
self-directed, proactive, and action-oriented.
- Must have excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience building and maintaining Unix and Linux
- Must have experience with cloud virtualization technologies
such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, VMware, or
- Must have a working familiarity with provisioning, management,
orchestration, deployment, monitoring, and continuous
- Must have strong scripting and automation skills using
languages like Bash, Python, Perl, and Ruby.
- Must understand the basic concepts of version control (Git,
- Must have strong verbal, written and organizational
Preferred skills :
- Experience with AWS EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, S3, Cloud
- Experience with Puppet, MCollective, Splunk, Nagios, Graphite,
- Experience with Apache, PHP, Nginx, ActiveMQ, Java, Tomcat,
Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
- Experience with DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Cassandra, Postgres,
- Experience with Cisco UCS, SAN, NAS, Juniper firewalls,
- Familiarity with PCI and information technology security
Work environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
Save & Close
Thank you for subscribing.
Kount needs the contact information you provide to us to contact
you about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from these
communications at anytime. For information on how to unsubscribe,
as well as our privacy practices and commitment to protecting your
Keywords: KOUNT INC, Boise , Site Reliability Engineer, Other , boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!