Company: American Psychological Association
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Department of Psychological Science at Boise State
University () invites interested applicants to apply for the
full-time position of Lecturer I beginning in Fall 2021. The area
of psychological specialization is open; we are seeking a dedicated
teacher with a commitment for engaging students to support our
existing undergraduate curriculum and to broaden our cumulative
array of expertise. This is a nine-month, non-tenure track position
with opportunities for salary enhancement through summer
The Department of Psychological Science boasts a highly
interdisciplinary faculty with a strong history of success in
teaching, research, and service. We have active, flourishing
relationships with organizations in the community, including state
agencies, hospitals, schools, and a variety of non-profit
organizations. These relationships offer rich service
opportunities, as well as student engagement through internships
and other professional development opportunities.
60% of the time the Lecturer must:
* Teach Courses
* Provide course coordination
* Design, develop, and deliver material using a range of methods
* Create course material, lesson plans, and curricula
* Engage with students, assist with processing applications, and
also attend interviews, conferences, and meetings
35% of the time the Lecturer must:
* The standard expectation for teaching varies between 3-4 courses
per semester, depending on course enrollments, the nature of the
courses being taught, and departmental needs.
* The successful applicant should be prepared to teach courses such
as introduction to psychology, statistical methods, and research
methods (writing-intensive) on a fairly regular basis.
* Applicants should have the ability to teach any of their courses
in an online format, and if necessitated by the university, be able
to pivot in the midst of a semester from a face-to-face format to
an online/remote instructional format.
* Provide mentorship to students and allow students a regular means
of contact (e.g., hold office hours).
* Design and develop course materials, lesson plans, and curricula
utilizing evidence-based instructional practices
* Engage in appropriate service activities benefiting the
Department, College, University, the community (broadly defined)
and the discipline of psychological science
5% Duties as Assigned
A master's degree in an area of psychology by August 1, 2021. Area
of specialization is open, but preference will be given to
applicants who can help us expand beyond our current areas of
strength, which are developmental and health psychology.
Experience as the instructor-of-record of college level
Demonstrated excellence in teaching and demonstrated excellence or
potential for excellence in service.
* A doctorate in an area of psychology by August 1, 2021.
* Experience in teaching introductory psychology, statistical
methods, and research methods courses at the undergraduate
* The department would have favorable interest in applicants with
experience teaching: personality, cognitive psychology, or
Salary and Benefits:
As per university guidelines, the salary range for this position is
$40,550 to $45,196 for the 9-month appointment depending on
experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a
benefits package that provides health and financial protection
plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our
program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that
are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit
Keywords: American Psychological Association, Boise , Lecturer, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!