Field Process Engineer - Thin Films - Boise, ID
Company: Tokyo Electron Ltd
Posted on: May 3, 2021
FIELD PROCESS ENGINEER - THIN FILMS
- not a remote role
- relocation required and relocation assistance available.
Who is TEL? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWqHuFs-Zk
Driving success happens daily here. Tokyo Electron America, Inc.
employees foster strong partnerships with TEL's US customer base.
We market a wide range of semiconductor production equipment (SPE)
products and provide outstanding service and support to U.S.
semiconductor device manufacturers. TEL's world-renowned products
and technologies support diverse customer needs for the manufacture
of increasingly sophisticated semiconductors.
Provide process development support for the introduction and
growth of new technologies at a customer site.
- Development of new or modified process formulations, definition
of processing requirements and specifications, review of processing
techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and
evaluation of semiconductors
- Support customer engineering and facilitate customer
communication to ensure metrics are defined, key activities are
aligned and progress is made .
- Work with customer and factory to design and execute
experiments to demonstrate hardware and process performance
- Operate and understand deposition hardware functionality as it
can relate to thin film properties
- Compile and evaluate test data using various statistical
techniques to establish system baselines, report on productivity,
identify paths for improvement and create concise reports.
- Effectively document and communicate issues to engineering
staff at our factory in Japan.
- Work closely with other process, technical support and field
service elements to install, start-up, trouble shoot and improve
- Interact with sales, marketing, and other cross functional
teams to understand customer needs, promote TEL products, and
identify areas for future applications growth.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science,
or other equivalent Science/ Engineering, MS or PhD preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry is
- Experience with CMOS, NAND, DRAM or other semiconductor device
- Previous ALD, CVD, PECVD, PE-ALD or other thin films deposition
experience is preferred
- Understanding of cauterization and surface analysis techniques
like TEM, XRD, XPS, SIMS, Ellipsometry, AFM, and others
- Understanding and working experience of statistics for
Hypothesis Testing, SPC, and DOE.
- Project management experience or having previously demonstrated
a strong self-directed skill set is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability and desire to work in a multicultural team
- Ability for some domestic or international travel
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. This job operates in an office
setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is a
largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which
would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and
bend or stand as necessary. This position requires the ability to
occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 35 pounds.
This position also requires 4 to 6 hours per day at a computer
Diversity creates an innovative culture. TEL US is an Equal
Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Tokyo Electron Ltd, Boise , Field Process Engineer - Thin Films - Boise, ID, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!