District Service Manager
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
District Service Manager - Boise, Idaho
Are you a creative and strategic leader who thrives in an
autonomous setting? Do you enjoy developing and maintaining
relationships with customers and collaborating with others to drive
business growth? Do you have a passion for developing others, while
continually developing yourself? Come join our team, based in the
Boise area, as a District Service Manager. Please note: candidates
in other areas of Idaho, Washington, Wyoming or Montana may also be
As a District Service Manager (DSM) you will provide exceptional
Customer service, leadership and talent management to a
full-service district by driving a Customer First culture. As a DSM
you will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the
district by driving service revenue and sale partnerships with an
annual revenue value of $3M - $6M. You will also develop a high
performing service team that drives Customer Satisfaction and
revenue growth. Further, you play an intergral part in recruiting,
training, developing and retaining top talent. Safety is critical
to our success and as a DSM you will ensure all safety protocols
and requirements are adhered to at all times. You will be expected
to attain or exceed established business objectives, utilizing
strong leadership skills to motivate and lead the combined efforts
of the service team. You will also effectively deploy STERIS
resources in the best interests of our stakeholders (shareholders,
What will you do as a District Service Manager?
- Own Customer Satisfaction and revenue attainment in the
district. Develop financial forecasts and track financial
performance to ensure profitability of service business. Build
Customer relationships and represent service in critical Customer
meetings, sales opportunities, and in the resolution of escalations
that require the presence of a leader.
- Assure quality of the Customer experience through efficient
deployment of resources, frequent Customer contact, and adherence
to Corporate and Service quality initiatives.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through quality field service
processes that maximize technician productivity and efficiency.
This includes proactively identifying customer needs and timely
escalation of issues to Service Engineering or Area Vice Presidents
as appropriate with recommended solutions.
- Enforce current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe
and effective use of equipment, auto maintenance programs, and
other polices as required.
- Ensure STERIS is represented in a professional manner while at
- Responsible for leading a geographically dispersed service
- Own talent management and talent acquisition to ensure Customer
business expectations are met.
- Monitor and manage employee performance during field
- Provide feedback, coaching and timely performance discussions
- Execute disciplinary action as required within the assigned
- Act as a liaison between the company and the field to be a
conduit for positive and constructive feedback.
- Consistently set expectations of performance for the District
and the Region which includes frequent communication of
- Work with technicians, responsible for maximizing service
contracts within assigned area to drive success.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of contract obligations to
Customers and develop procedures to ensure timely execution.
- Motivate and educate technicians to play active role in
providing sales leads and monitoring contract status.
- Develop financial forecasts and track financial performance to
- Implement protocols and procedures as required ensuring cost
effective delivery of service quality.
- Deliver targeted financial performance for the district.
- Complete Customer needs analysis and generate solutions with
quotes to meet the identified Customer needs. This includes
negotiation, pricing, and renewal management for new and existing
- Work closely with Sales to facilitate capital, consumable, and
service sales joint account planning to maximize the STERIS "Share
- Work within the region to promote and secure new business.
- Attain or exceed established operational objectives through the
combined efforts of the STERIS team.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting,
and supervising technical personnel for assigned area, to fully
satisfy Customer's service needs.
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate submission of expense
reports, time cards, service tickets, accounts payable, billing
transmittals, and other administrative requirements as assigned by
- Recommend and/or approve purchases of equipment, parts supply,
etc. for assigned district.
- Ensure proper maintenance and calibration of tools, test
equipment, and other related assigned equipment.
What Skills, Abilities, and Education are needed?
The ideal candidate drives Customer solution-focused practices,
that achieve business growth through industry leading service
talent. This is a critical role in driving Customer retention and
business growth, through collaboration with Sales, Installation,
Engineering, and other business unit stakeholders. You will utilize
your leadership and exceptional change management skills to ensure
current objectives are met, while positioning your Customers, and
our teams for future success. As a STERIS leader, you are a talent
champion in attracting, developing, and engaging teams to build
Customer trust, achieve performance targets and navigate changing
priorities. This role requires proven coaching and performance
management competencies that empower employees to do their best
work, and support change initiatives to drive optimum outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of experience, including 2 years
leading teams. In lieu of degree, 14 years' relevant work
experience, including relevant leadership experience (includes
military leadership roles) will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge in resource planning, managing employee
performance, and basic P&L/budget reporting.
- Demonstrated experience leading a region, district, or
territory with multiple direct reports.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel around 60% of the time, including overnight
stays to attend Customer meetings and support team
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook, and strong competency
in learning & supporting teams with new technology tools (Apps,
- Valid driver's license required.
- Experience leading field teams (managing virtually)
- Continuous Improvement training or proven results a plus.
- Strong business acumen, and related experience in data
analysis, budget management and change management preferred.
What STERIS can offer you!
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global
company that will invest in your career growth over the long term.
STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible,
talented people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Base salary plus incentive/bonus opportunity
- Car and cell phone stipend
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Excellent medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Excellent opportunities for advancement #LI-RV1
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Boise , District Service Manager, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!