Big Data Engineer
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.
Simplot is on a transformational journey focused on delivering
value to our customers now and in the future. The Information
Management and Analytics (IM&A) Team is responsible for
creating and maintaining a modern data and analytics platform to
support our company's dynamic global needs. In this position, your
focus is the sourcing of data into a data lake (Azure Data Lake +
Databricks) and progressively modeling the data to build out a
complete value chain from source systems to Business Intelligence,
providing insight across the entire organization. We are currently
looking for innovative and driven collaborators interested in
joining our Information Management team to provide solutions for
our Business Partners and help inspire a data-driven culture. We
currently have a Data Engineer III or IV positions available at our
Simplot global headquarters in Boise, ID.
- Design, build, and maintain reliable pipelines to move and
transform data based on architectural standards & patterns (using
Talend, Spark, Databricks, SQL, etc.).
- Develop technical requirements and provide technical
guidance/leadership/oversight to IT colleagues and vendors.
- Data lineage and traceability including implementing measures
required by regulatory authorities and Simplot data privacy/use
- Build, test, and deploy orchestrations to ensure all data is
captured and classified in the Data Lake.
- Data modeling and movement into various data lake zones.
- Data quality monitoring and collaboration with data
owners/stewards on quality rules, resolutions, etc.
- Understand business needs and collaborate to source data from
application databases, manufacturing equipment, IoT sensors, flat
files, API's, etc.
- Utilize Azure DevOps for work item management, CI/CD
automation, and source control.
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation, and
contribute to company-wide standards.
- Cultivate cross-functional, collaborative relationships with
Product Owners and IT Professionals.
- Communicate technical and business topics to key Business
- Manage and prioritize time across project, support, and
- Build future data and analytics environment for a diverse
global enterprise. Typical Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business
information systems, or strong equivalent. Relevant Experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills with a
focus on customer service and servant leadership.
- Extensive experience developing solutions using technologies
such as Talend, Java, C#, C++, Python, Spark, Kafka, T-SQL,
- Experience building API's using Talend, C#, Azure, or
- Experience sourcing data from IoT, API, and similar
- Experience with microservices, service bus, and essential
- Experience optimizing queries and pipeline operations.
- Knowledge of "Big Data" technologies and concepts.
- Possesses a growth mind set and eager to learn new
technologies/methods to contribute to a collaborative Team! Job
Requisition ID: 2450
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): Simplot Headquarters - Boise
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at
Keywords: Simplot, Boise , Big Data Engineer, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!