Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant 2 (Flex/PRN) - Lab Boise
Company: St. Luke's Health System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Lab Asst 2 to
join our Laboratory team.
- Sorts, verifies specimen labeling, order entry and distributes
- May perform Point of Care Testing (POCT).
- May collect blood samples from patients, verify records and
prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled
- May order laboratory tests in an efficient, accurate
- May explain collection procedures and provide patient
instructions to ensure the accurate collection or preparation of
specimens, to facilitate patient/caregiver understanding and to
reduce patient anxiety. Provide courier routes as assigned.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious body fluids.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May register patients or provide courier services.
- Education: High school or equivalent.
- Experience: 2 years' clinical lab experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health
System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000
employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and
advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver
skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add
dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of
- St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion,
color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or
condition protected by law.
Keywords: St. Luke's Health System, Boise , Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant 2 (Flex/PRN) - Lab Boise, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!