Director, Sustainability and Social Impact Strategy
Company: HP Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Director, Sustainability and Social Impact Strategy will play a
critical role in the future of HP. HP is committing to ambitious
sustainable impact goals to be achieved by 2030. This role will be
central to the planning and implementation of these goals across
the company and throughout our value chain.
The Director, Sustainability and Social Impact Strategy will
bring a highly organized approach and structure to the team, to
ensure we are focused and aligned with our business units across
all SI pillars and that we are delivering on our commitments. This
role serves as a strategic business planner and trusted advisor to
roles in the Sustainable Impact governance structure of the company
and other key internal influencers. This role must consistently
demonstrate the HP Leader Attributes, be action-oriented, highly
ethical, and a team player with a very strong will to win.
- Coordinate the implementation of HP's Sustainable Impact
strategy across the company working with the SI pillar leads, SI
Steering Committee members and SI Business Leads, aligning business
impact with social and environmental impact.
- Manage the HP Sustainable Impact Steering Committee and SI
Business Leads to create an effective and organized teamwork
environment for Sustainable Impact across the company.
- Facilitate the priority setting and scorecard reporting
processes for HP's Sustainable Impact Strategy.
- Drive the SIS Staff's annual priority setting process, work
across the SI staff members to define objective performance metrics
for each priority, establish a quarterly calendar of scorecard
reporting and facilitate periodic progress and status reviews.
- Equip the Chief Sustainability and Social Impact Officer to
participate and lead effectively in key executive meetings and
events by preparing requested materials and coordinating with
stakeholders as required. Coordinate materials and preparation
activities for Board of Directors, CEO executive leadership
meetings and external engagements.
- Provide inputs for Chief Sustainability and Social Impact
Officer executive communications. Work with SI communications and
Corporate Comms to initiate SI announcements and messages to
employees, stakeholders and external audiences.
- Partner with SI communications to actively monitor and analyze
external and internal feedback and incorporate into strategy
Capabilities and Qualifications
- Strong business experience, preferably including program
management, sustainability leadership, financial modelling and/or
experience in a large organization.
- Solid knowledge of government advocacy, competitors' strategies
and key market trends.
- Knowledge of environmental justice principles and areas of
opportunity for HP to make a differentiating impact.
- Strong work ethic and results-oriented contributor with
demonstrated experience managing complex programs.
- Ability to collaboratively reach out across organizational
boundaries, navigating matrixed structures to mobilize resources
and subject matter experts across multiple teams and groups to
- Strategic thinker and thought leader with a mindset of
innovation and intellectual curiosity, skilled at eliciting various
perspectives, synthesizing ideas and actioning solutions in
creative ways. Able to work in ambiguous operating
- Exceptional communication skills, with experience developing
clear, succinct and compelling content for executive-level
presentations and communications.
- Strong executive presence and ability to drive effective
results working with senior leadership and stakeholders, trusted to
manage highly confidential information.
- Capacity to serve as a thought partner, planning partner and
execution partner, comfortable assessing and, as appropriate,
challenging, input, building compelling business cases for
- MBA preferred; Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years' experience in a diverse range of business functions
in a high-tech environment
- Skill set that includes being an analytical thinker,
influencer, self-starter, team player
- Excellent organization and forward-planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Flexible, adaptable, and collaborative
- Ability to take ownership and resolve issues in a wide range of
- Ability to work independently and anticipate probable events,
preparation tasks and potential issues.
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and
Setting Strategy: The successful candidate will have the ability
to set a vision, communicate that vision, and develop the goals and
objectives to enable that vision. They will be able to combine
their strategic acumen with their operating strength to ensure
strategies and programs are grounded in a deep understanding of
business needs. This person provides clear direction, sets clear
priorities, and allocates resources to the highest value
Results Driven: The successful candidate will set compelling
goals and will be tenacious in accomplishing them. He / She has an
ability to set priorities, allocate resources, take accountability
and achieve results.
Leading People: The successful candidate will be a collaborative
leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence who inspires,
manages, coaches and respects people. They will have an inclusive
style; they will build trust, bold dialogue and respect, and foster
teamwork and a culture of accountability.
Collaborative: The successful candidate will have experience
collaborating across a matrix as part of driving best
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your
career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the
status quo, and creating what's next. We're in search of talented
people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and
grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170
countries around the world united in creating technology that makes
life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where
everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while
being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the
notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to
work each and every day. When you do that, you're more innovative
and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Keywords: HP Inc, Boise , Director, Sustainability and Social Impact Strategy, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!