Transportation Project Engineer
Company: David Evans and Associates
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DEA's Inland Northwest Market (Spokane, WA; Coeur d'Alene, Boise
and Pocatello, ID) is hiring a Transportation Project Engineer to
support our Roads and Highways group, while working on
transportation related projects. A successful candidate will be a
highly motivated self-starter assigned to work on multidiscipline
projects performing engineering calculations and design, using
specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment
to transform concept designs into construction drawings and
technical specifications. The work may include freeway, highway and
roadway design, street improvements, utility plans, construction
documents and all supporting documentation. Our ideal candidate
would be proficient with horizontal and vertical alignment design,
stormwater designs, erosion and sediment control design, A.D.A.
requirements, utility relocations, coordination with bridge
engineers and other engineering disciplines, earthwork, quantity
take-offs, specifications, and engineer's estimates. Traffic
engineering design experience, including traffic signals and
illumination, is a plus. The candidate would also be eager to
accept new challenges to diversify their skills by not only
performing transportation engineering work, but also construction
observation, general civil design, and traffic engineering.
Finally, a successful candidate will have good interpersonal and
communication skills and a passion for work.
Other duties include:
- Coordinates projects with supervisor, project managers, and
- Provides sketches and/or detailed layout information to design
staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Designs, prepares and analyzes preliminary and final plans in
Microstation/OpenRoads and Autodesk Civil 3D software.
- Prepares public improvement plans and rough and precise grading
- Analyzes maps, reports, drawings, and as-builts for design
- Preparation and modification of reports, specifications and
designs for projects.
- Provides project specific technical information to the Project
Manager for incorporation into the project specifications.
- Develops, tracks and modifies project schedules.
- Meets with project stakeholders and engages the public through
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer Intern Certification
- Professional Engineering License in Idaho or ability to obtain
the license within one year
- 3+ years of civil engineering design related to transportation
- Microstation/OpenRoads transportation project experience
- Project experience with DOTs and local agencies
- Idaho Professional Engineering License or other state, and
ability to obtain Idaho State license within 6 months
- Local experience in Boise or Eastern Idaho with local agencies
and the Idaho Transportation Department is preferred
- Microstation/OpenRoads design experience
- Civil 3D design experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer
- Support for continuing education and training
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional,
financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with
Transportation Jobs with DEA:
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include
growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding
challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities
faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with
less. From initial investigations through planning, concept
development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with
solutions that serve today's transportation needs while
accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit
focuses on five markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and
Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction
Potential office locations include: Spokane, WA; Boise, ID;
Pocatello, ID; Coeur d'Alene, ID.
Keywords: David Evans and Associates, Boise , Transportation Project Engineer, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!