Careers at Motion and Flow Control Products
FiltrationHoses & Connectors
Join us as we grow again! Motion and Flow Control Products is a
premier, customer-focused industrial supplier that leverages
products, technological expertise, and award-winning service to
provide cost-effective solutions to our customers. MFCPs commitment
to our teammates and customers are deeply rooted in our company
values which embraces Respect, Initiative and Employee
We are committed to being an employer of choice in our
communities and empowering our workforce. MFCP believes that it
takes a team to build something big; if you have an interest in
learning about manufacturing and sales in a dynamic work
environment, join us now!
Position Summary: The Industrial Counter Sales/Sales & Service
Assistant is responsible for supporting all aspects of the branch
operations from product handling to maintaining inventory, along
with customer service for both walk in and phone/electronic sales
in a friendly, fast-paced team environment.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer service and ethics
- Address and resolve all customer requests and/or complaints
utilizing a positive, creative approach.
- Assist customers and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
with good selling skills.
- Provide customer support with technical product
- Generate and maintain accurate required documentation.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer based on current
inventory levels, supplier availability and/or production
- Make outbound lead follow up to potential and existing
customers utilizing various methods including: phone, email, mail
- Participate in required product training to build required
- Collaborate with all appropriate departments and personnel to
ensure customer satisfaction
- Receive products, including unloading, verifying & receiving
- Allocate, distribute, pull/pick product in proper
- Package and stage materials or products for shipping (shrink
wrapping, boxing, labeling).
- Ship products utilizing various methods from national carriers
to customer vehicles.
- Assist with inventory control and cycle counting.
- Administer quality control, ensuring damaged product is not
received or sent.
- Assembly production involving building small to large hoses,
operating swagers, etc.
- Fabrication and use of complex machinery for kitting
manufacturing may be required.
- Complete forklift/safety orientation course(s); operate
forklift as needed
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company rules, policies and procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Good customer service and communication skills are
- Basic computer skills including use of MS Office (Word, Excel
and Outlook), with a willingness to learn new software programs.
Experience with Epicor Prophet 21 a plus.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills and the
ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work
- Must be a good listener with above average reasoning ability
and make minimal mistakes.
Must be a good learner whom can assimilate product knowledge and
skills as they are presented.
- Experience with industrial distribution, preferably fluid power
components preferred. Familiarity with industrial and hydraulic
hose and fittings, especially Parker Hannifin a plus.
- Mechanical background and forklift certification (applicable
state certification) are a plus.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people and
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Job requires frequent lifting up to 70 pounds, stooping,
reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling, constantly
walking/standing on cement flooring and climbing ladders as needed.
Work environment may vary including warehouse containing moving
equipment, fluctuating temperature and inventory in various storage
arrangements, office work, manufacturing, machine shops,
agricultural operations, and any other specific business operations
of current or potential customers.
The physical demands and work environment reflected are
representative of those encountered by employees when performing
the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
$14.00 - $17.00 per hour
Along with a competitive salary, MFCP offers attractive
benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Investment
Plan and Life Insurance.
Candidates are subject to pre-employment criminal background,
drug screen and DMV record review, along with possible reference
"We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on
the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, military
status, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable
status protected by federal, state or local law." This Employer
Participates in E-Verify.