Senior Cloud Software Developer
Company: HP Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The candidate applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve
complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data
requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or
provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate
in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing
direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing
policies. Frequently represents the organization to external
customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment
within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best
method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide
mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software applications
engineers and internal and outsourced development partners
responsible for all stages of design and development for complex
products and platforms, including solution design, analysis,
coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced
development partners on software applications design and
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for
compliance with applications design and development guidelines and
standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality
and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software
applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization
projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into
projects and activities in the software applications design
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's (undergraduate), Master's (graduate) degree in
Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Interest in system engineering
- Demonstrated familiarity with web languages
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Result oriented and driven
- Debugging experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with object-oriented languages,
specifically Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience with cloud technologies in AWS, as well as Redis,
Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with front-end technologies like Angular, React,
HTML and CSS would be considered an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of cloud solutions including
focus on scalability, high availability, in a microservice
- Designing and integrating software applications running on
multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software applications
testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test
plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures,
design proposals and negotiate options at senior management
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your
career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the
status quo, and creating what's next. We're in search of talented
people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and
grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170
countries around the world united in creating technology that makes
life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where
everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while
being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the
notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to
work each and every day. When you do that, you're more innovative
and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Keywords: HP Inc, Boise , Senior Cloud Software Developer, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!