Company: David Evans and Associates
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DEA is looking to add an experienced Construction Inspector to
join our Construction Engineering Services group based in Boise,
ID. This position will provide on-site construction inspection and
applicable project documentation for transportation projects. This
includes observation of construction work activities for compliance
with plans and specifications, preparation of required contract
documentation, and following prescribed Quality Assurance/Quality
Control (QA/QC) procedures. Depending upon background and skills,
may have opportunities in project design during non-construction
- Coordinate, perform, and/or supervise technical engineering
work in the field, or office.
- Inspect, observe and ensure a construction project is
constructed in accordance with contract plans and
- Maintain accurate daily record of the work (labor, equipment,
- Identify contract changes and assist in preparation of change
- Communicate effectively with the Contractors, Owners,
Construction Manager, Project Documentation Engineer, or other
field engineering staff.
- Prepare field note records for progress payments.
- Coordinate for required materials sampling and testing.
- Good knowledge of the practices used and the equipment required
on construction projects.
- Basic computer skills in word and excel.
- Ability to work effectively with client representatives,
contractors, the public, as well as peers and subordinates.
- Excellent skills in working independently.
- The successful candidate must be able to effectively multitask
and prioritize and track construction issues through to
- At least 2 years of construction inspection experience working
on roadway, bridge, rail, and highway projects preferred.
- Available to work out of town.
- Clean driving record.
- ITD inspection experience and ITD inspector certifications
- ODOT and WSDOT certifications also considered
- Experience with ProjectWise and AASHTOWare
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer
- Support for continuing education and training
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional,
financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include
growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding
challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities
faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with
less. From initial investigations through planning, concept
development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with
solutions that serve today's transportation needs while
accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit
focuses on four markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and
Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Keywords: David Evans and Associates, Boise , Construction Inspector, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!