Company: Natural Grocers
Posted on: July 15, 2021
USD $14.00/Hr. -
The Receiving Assistant is responsible for
assisting the Receiving Manager in the successful operation of the
Key responsibilities include the
following essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and
adhering to all policies.
- Assisting the receiving department manager in accurately
receiving all incoming products including date, accuracy and damage
- Scanning all incoming and outgoing product.
- Staging products for efficient delivery to the sales
- Processing POs, RPOs, mispicks, invoices and paperwork timely
- Researching and processing all discrepancies.
- Communicating with department managers regarding delivery
issues and vendor out-of-stocks.
- Following up on special orders.
- Operating a forklift and pallet jack as required.
- Maintaining a clean and organized back room.
- Working with the department managers to address performance
issues within the department.
- Supporting store opening and closing activities including Daily
Sales Report (DSR) and cash handling and cashier closeout
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering,
managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and
covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and
- Assisting in training and monitoring of department personnel
including assigning and following up on tasks.
- Taking the initiative to provide additional help and backup in
the store and providing store backup on the sales floor when
receiving duties are complete.
- Answering customer questions per company standards and
policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or
statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Using SAP and inventory management software, emailing and
utilizing other IS programs as needed.
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes
evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days,
40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
- This position has limited Manager on Duty but is never intended
to be the overall Manager on Duty for the store.
Although this is a general outline of job
responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and
do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company
Education, Skills &
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in grocery/retail or receiving environment
preferred; natural foods background is a plus.
- 1 year of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass forklift certification.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or
certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by
keeping certifications up to date and registered if
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with
the task at hand.
- Possess a sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This job description is not an employment
contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed
duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job
description are subject to change with and without notice.
Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks as assigned
by the Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not
be listed in this job description.
Here’s an overview of the benefits we offer our
good4u Crew to help ensure the health and wellbeing of you and
your family, now and well into the future:
All Crew Members
- Birthday Bonus
- Vitamin Bucks
(up to $2,080 earned as store credit
Pay for 5 Holidays – Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off
(sick days and vacation) that Increases with
- Paid Nutrition
- good4u Crew
Program (customer appreciation and rewards
Scheduled Pay Increases
Advancement Opportunities and Career
- Health and
Assistance Program (EAP)
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical
Leave (through company
paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid
Benefits Including Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance,
Long-Term Disability Insurance, Term Life
Savings Plan (401k) with
discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings
Account (HSA) with Company Match
At the heart
of Natural Grocers' commitment to our community and crew is
this belief: All people should be empowered to experience
health and wellbeing! We cannot be true to this conviction
without honoring diversity and cultivating inclusion throughout
every aspect of our organization.
Grocers, we honor our differences, embrace diversity, and
cultivate inclusion because both individual and societal health are
rooted in these principles. Our Crew is diverse not only in
gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, abilities,
and age but also in cultural backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas.
Celebrating our diversity refreshes, expands, and shapes our
perspective, energizing our mission of equitable access to health
and wellness for all. We welcome everyone who would like to join us
in this mission, with gratitude for the unique life experience each
person brings to the table. We’re committed to nurturing an
ecosystem of diversity and inclusion in which our Crew can continue
Keywords: Natural Grocers, Boise , Receiving Assistant, Other , Boise, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!